ThunderCats 2011

The intro better be on par with the total bad@ssness of the original. I remember not even knowing why I was so excited about the fast into accompanied by a bazillion lyrical lines of "THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER CATS!!!!!" All I knew is that they were on the move, they were loose, feeling the magic and hearing the roar. That was all we needed to know as kids. The theme was epic, hahaha!

Yeah, I don't think the new opening will even come close to topping the original, but Japanese animators can do some amazing opening credit sequences.

So the series is written by Americans and animated in Japan? I really hope that's the case, because "epic" Japanese writing can get ridiculously melodramatic, and I'm finding my ability to tolerate that is diminishing day by day (I gave up on Final Fantasy XIII a few hours in, and I can barely watch "serious" anime anymore).

The awesome high-paced 80's intro would have been way better placed over that footage than the overly dramatic choral stuff they put into that teaser. That sort of music is getting massively overused and after watching that just looked like another cartoon. There was a certain energy that classic Thundercats had and if they just modified it or updated it some it probably would have rocked hard.

I just didn't like that music in the new clip. The anime style is also a bit hard to stomach with how many cartoons look like that here these days.

I loved the animation and the detail in the old series. I am surprised at the excitement in these images. The anime thing does nothing for me. That anime style sucks. Do some anime with some crazy detail then I'll be excited. These promo shots are so simple looking with little to no shading. I could accept this level of detail in a screen grab, but not on promo shots. Promo shots should be amazing. Hope I'm wrong about the show, but I see little to be excited by in these lackluster promo shots.

Jeff

...um, you do realize the original was animated in Japan?

Yes, I know that. Everything from my childhood was animated in Japan. It just didn't have the Generic Anime label attached to it that most cartoons have today.

Jeff

Yes, I know that. Everything from my childhood was animated in Japan. It just didn't have the Generic Anime label attached to it that most cartoons have today.

Jeff

He-Man and She-Ra were sadly the rare exception to this rule, they were produced entirely in the US.

WHY is it necessary to make everything look like Manga or Anime? Why couldn't they revamp the characters in an American fashion and not make Lion-O look puny? Tygra I get because he's the "slick" one but Lion-O....really? He looks like a pubescent Teen. Dissappointed. Panthro balding and not bald.....pathetic.

I am really pumped about this. It had better have a good story and stay as close to the original as possible. I know that it with have some differences but it just better not suck like so may redos.

Has anyone seen the new trailer for Thundercats. Larry Kenney, the original voice of Lion-o is doing the voice of the Lion-o's father this time. It looks so totally awesome. I watched it on superherohype.com.

I could do without the anime look. Being a kid of the 80s I wish it was a bit more like the original. Sometimes I think all cartoons are going for the anime look these days. Cartoons of the 80s that were anime style were neat because of a different take on drawings but today it is done for everything. I, also, think Lion-O should look more powerful as he is/will be Lord of the Thundercats. That being said I am interested in seeing what they do with it. Larry Kenney will be a great addition. I wonder if there will be a moral at the end of the episode as was done with a great deal of 80s toons. :lol

With Hollywood's history? Yur kidding right?Don't hold your breath.I'd bet money that whenever and whoever makes this into a movie that is will be F*&%@!$^&* F.U.B.A.R.ed beyond recognition.How many cartoons and comics have made a successful transition to film? Not many.I can count them on one hand.The rest have been screwed at one point or another.

So long as they don't have the characters self-narrating everything they're doing as they do it, it should be loads better!
Indeed.
Or. Talking. So. De.lib.er.ate.ly and. care.full.y that. it. takes. three. times. as. long. to. say any.thing.

will they be singing "thundercats are on the way, thundercats are lose! feel the magic, feel the roar! thundercats are lose!" lol .. hmmm .. Lion-o did skip out on his Youth years quite quickly.

Looking forward to this!

Compared to the Iron-Man anime art and the skinny anime Wolverine, i think i like this art form better. I wonder if they would modernize it a bit with better fight scenes, and not include the 'summoning of friends' phase every single episode.

I watched the classic, love it (still do) but that kind of retro feel doesnt work nowadays.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back