ThunderCats 2011

Wassup my fair weathered Thundercats fans. Seriously did fandom wane? I think it's the best animated series on & so far it's getting better.

I broke out my 80s DVD collection and started rewatching the original series. Though the new series may be good, it'll never beat the original!

I remember it being good. Think I hated Mumrah's voice, but it was a fun series. Would love to see the 80's in sequential order.

I lived it and it was awesome! As a kid I had the biggest crush on Chieetara! ...well her and Steelheart from the Silverhawks.

Now that I'm a grown up, i suppose that sounds pretty silly.

:confused

I've started watching the new series up to Episode 10, I must say it isn't even half bad, but you shouldn't compare it to the Old series, It even got a "Last airbender'' thing going, the theme is strong enough, I even like the animation, Instead of a huge Bulky LionO , you get a smaller younger-looking one, also the story has more going for it , it isn't just about the Sword of Omens most of the time, but also the book of Omens gets mentioned much more.

I like the series, but I miss the old villains, but on the other hand Mumra seams more active in this one.

Actually yeah..I've been catching all of the new episodes. They've all been really good. The one the other day was exceptionally good though giving a backstory to Tygra. It was very well done and gives more depth to the contempt that he has for his younger brother Lion-O. His final line of being his destiny to lose all of the things he holds dear was well placed. For being a cartoon it's got some real steam behind it. I hope it keeps going.

Cartoon network seems to have the worst advertising. I didn't know new episodes were airing, just happened to see it on my comcast on demand. I did catch up though to the current episode. I wish they would air it during adult swim Saturdays. I love the show, can't wait for a new episode to air.

I know i saw that yesterday morning, there was no advertising at all. it's too well made to be on adult swim. Plus it's too much like good anime so they'd not show it in favor of some crap like Naruto or something else that would have mass appeal to teenagers.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back