Thorssoli's Ironman MkIII Build - Finished Suit Pics Page 26!!

Re: Just What This Forum Needs: Another Ironman Build

really looking forward to suit up time man! its looking incrediballs!

Looking proper spectacular, Shawn, with the blackwash and clearcoat I've warmed up to the Colonial Red.
That polishing anecdote gave me a sympathetic laugh--I've been there.
Love every update, looking forward to the finish of the first suit.

I think the gloss and the dark outlines made it look plasticy and cartoony... rather than solid and realistic. :unsure

o4lxs.jpg

I happen to love the bold black. What you guys forget is that the black will be washed out in the sunlight or bright lighting. Also a note Thorssoli, The boot treads are silver in the film, if you want to go for that :) Fantastic build -please suit up asap :)

I think the gloss and the dark outlines made it look plasticy and cartoony... rather than solid and realistic. :unsure
i Agree ! most of the awesome iron man suit in the rpf are clearcoated gloss ... but the iron man suit isn't gloss but matte i think

wow this suit is just amazing i cant believe how much work you have put in to it its amazing so jelouse of that workshop lol

Not much sense discussing the color scheme for this suit at this point. Instead, here's some pictures...

I've been having some problems with my hinge arrangement for the elbows. I was able to get the bleeding under control, but it's pretty clear that I've got some more engineering to do. I'll be avoiding this build for the next three weeks or so while I heal and re-think some of it.

I've been having some problems with my hinge arrangement for the elbows. I was able to get the bleeding under control, but it's pretty clear that I've got some more engineering to do. I'll be avoiding this build for the next three weeks or so while I heal and re-think some of it.

Thou shalt always cap thy bolts and beware the pinch points!!

With all the sweat and tears in this project it's about time you put some more blood into it!

It will be a looooong three weeks for me to get my Mark III fix.

Keep it up!

(PS - I went with the Colonial Red too. Under "studio" lighting and low light it looks great.)

Amazing work, to prevent sharp ends and unscrewing of bolts i would recoment using nyloc nuts on bolts. jut a little bit thicker then regular nuts but that litle piece of plastic realy helps in places like this that dont get lots of mechanical torque apied to there surface

The elbows are a close fit Sean on mine, I'll have the very same problem. I stuck some of the soft high strength velcro over the inside arm over the bolts, even though its still a close fit, the barrier really helps.

Bodily trauma aside, those are some absolutely spectacular pieces, and it's great to see them standing up or married to their adjacent elements. Very inspiring. Will patiently wait for the next set of updates, and best of luck on a speedy recovery.

No updates in a week? I think I'm going through withdrawl.

Never thought I'd say that about an IM build.

No updates in a week? I think I'm going through withdrawl.

Never thought I'd say that about an IM build.

thorssoli's final comments from his last update, in case you missed it:

No updates in a week?

Two weeks even. Sorry about that. I decided it was a good idea to go out to this place:
1234968_10151790104366250_975115644_n.jpg

To meet up with this girl (who you'll remember from page 7 of this thread):
1146610_705288826165000_166224357_n.jpg

And hang out for a while:
1150993_10151792455336250_1401169986_n.jpg

She's been showing me around the island and most of the places we're hanging out don't really have reliable wifi:
1236084_10151802263521250_1455247547_n.jpg

I'll be back in the workshop next week and I should hit the ground running. I'm looking forward to getting back to work on this project (which I've got a lot of ideas for) and a few new projects (which I'm not at liberty to discuss just yet). In the meantime, I have to resist the urge to buy a monkey to help me around the workshop:
601438_702189766474906_1254438552_n.jpg

Expect real updates in a week or so...

Attachments

• 1146610_705288826165000_166224357_n.jpg
    1146610_705288826165000_166224357_n.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 1150993_10151792455336250_1401169986_n.jpg
    1150993_10151792455336250_1401169986_n.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 264

Thor,

If I was in that place .. I wouldn't even think about WI-FI!!!

:thumbsup

thorssoli is giving Adam Savage some serious competition for "coolest dude on the RPF."

....Well, I mean, if not SERIOUS competition, at least someone's getting substantially closer. ;)

hqdefault.jpg

zvlfM.jpg

Attachments

• mythbusters-shark-week-2.jpg
    mythbusters-shark-week-2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 204
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back