Thor - The Dark World - Dark Elf WIP First Cast Done/Painted

JBReplicas

Sr Member
I've been playing around with this for the last week or so, the Dark Elf mask from The Dark World, its about 75% there and I plan on making a resin cast of this to refine for my master, then I plan on sculpting the 3/4 undermask so that I can eventually have the full head, my sculpting skills are minimal so be gentle

1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Thor - The Dark World - Dark Elf WIP

Looking really great so far, instantly recognizable. Keep it up, I'd love to see it finished.

While watching the movie last weekend my wife said "those guys look creepy... is anyone on the RPF making those masks yet?" to which I said "it's only a matter of time!"

Looking good so far :thumbsup

Thanks, still a bit of refining to go before I mold it, the eyes are tricky, what little reference there is can be quite misleading, I will soldier on :)

This is looking awesome! I'm also planning on making a Dark Elf. Their costumes and armor were jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Excited to see it all come together!

are you going to be building the whole costume or just the mask, by the way i like how this thor had an almost guillermo del toro influence on some of the costumes.

Very cool idea, I was wondering how long it would take to see one of these on here!

Great work! Good to see someone on here doing this as I was looking to do the armor and Makeup for the Dark Elves.
look forward to updates!

Thank you for all the kind comments, and especially thank you for the pictures, though its worth pointing out, the second batch are of another members Elf mask that he made, I am really striving to get this as accurate as possible and hope to have some more photos to share with you all very soon, thanks again

looking good, i am making one similar and wondering what to make the black under suit out of?

Here are some photos of the first cast out of the mold, the resin had yellowed as it was quite an old batch, in future they will be made in pure white resin, I gave the first one a quick trim and a paint job and fitted some spare sunglass lenses I had laying around. If there is anyone interested in a raw cast or a painted mask I will be putting up an interest thread soon.

JB

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 188
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 346

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back