Various Marvel Helmets I’ve Painted

Mr Mold Maker

Master Member
Hey folks. I don’t usually stop by this section of the board as I didn’t really have a big marvel collection, but recently I’ve been on a bit of a marvel kick and finished quite a few helmet projects that I figured I should share.

AC673704-CBE9-4256-A670-5A6B34C9C97B.jpeg

First up we have a Hasbro Legends Ant-Man helmet. Pictured is a clients helmet, but I painted my own copy at the same time and it is identical. Painted with Alumaluster and automotive paints. Next to that is a Bor helmet from Thor: The Dark World. I don’t know who sculpted it unfortunately but the file was shared with me via WoodstedStudios on Instagram. Again, Alumaluster, but this time with a custom made gold candy on top. Then we have Loki, expertly sculpted by Vek3D on Instagram. Based in a metallic black with lighter metallic tones applied on top, and finished with another candy gold Finally, Jane Foster sculpted by MaffhewDC on Instagram. Chrome and Createx Candy2o for the red.

A23090D7-6793-4209-8F65-5CC3B8D91419.jpeg

Next up are some quick Daredevil cowls I painted in the Netflix and She-Hulk color schemes. File by DO3D with modifications.

2DC311A8-4D33-44D6-A306-00FD2442C2DE.jpeg
D5045798-C01B-4ECA-9C0F-70E4254C16EE.jpeg

Finally, for now, we have MK.49 “Rescue” helmet. Once again sculpted by Vek3D, this is an awesome helmet. I decided to shift the main color more towards blue instead of the original purple, so I based in an automotive color, I think electric blue Pearl or something? Then I shot a few things on top including interference blue and cosmic sparkle blue. Just a personal preference thing.

I also have an Ian Mckellen Magneto helmet in the works, again sculpted by Vek3D. I’ll update this thread with pics of it when it’s finished up, and if you want to see any of my other paint work you can check me out on Instagram at Instagram.com/JackRupert133

Always love your work!

How’d you achieve the brushed metal look on the M49 helmet?

Sean

Thanks Sean. The brushed finish is super easy, just take a Scotchbrite pad and gently run it over the surface of the final clear coat doing your best to keep the lines straight. On the MK.49 I wanted subtle lines so I used a grey Scotchbrite pad. I used a red pad on my Killerbody faceplate repaint so I’ll share that so you can see the difference.
2BCB2568-9B7B-40AE-BBFF-D1FB10BE5AFB.jpeg
D54DA07A-3504-475E-9D59-EA427C5DE61B.jpeg

I only painted the gold here, the red is stock from Killerbody. I’ll try to snap better pics of this when I can but hopefully the difference from the grey pad to the red is apparent.

6DF960A1-6EE1-4397-AC21-3B11B514CCFA.jpeg

Here is my final Marvel helmet for now. I do have a Battle of NY Cap cowl to sand and paint but I don’t know when I’ll get to it. Anyways I based this in a custom mixed automotive magenta. I shot a Candy orange on the highlights, and a deep magenta for the shadows. A little random fun fact, my friend Sam at Imperial Surface mixed me up a MK III Iron Man base coat and there is a ton of that in this color mix. Model by Vek3D once again.

I know the real helmet has some weathering but I am keeping this one clean, think it will look nicer on the wall that way. Thanks for looking folks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back