Thor (2011) Movie Helmet Build Thread

Re: Thor (2011) Movie Helmet Build & Interest Thread

Just going to post some pics for now and will explain where I am at a little later.

IMAG0875.jpg

yeah I know Buster has seen better days....

Doesn't look like you did anything to the Disguise helmet other than harden it and make it a solid piece? Isn't this on the verge of recast? I mean you would have to change it up pretty drastically to avoid that aspect.

Don't worry Fin, there is still much to be done, and also remember building someone's pep model hardening it then retouching details isn't any different. Because the base model was created by someone else, the builder is simply finishing or modifying the work.

Don't worry Fin, there is still much to be done, and also remember building someone's pep model hardening it then retouching details isn't any different. Because the base model was created by someone else, the builder is simply finishing or modifying the work.

Absolutely 100% different for many reasons I wont get into. But in all my pep builds (think there might be 4) I have asked the artist permission to use there pep as a BASE. Which is what it is if you look at any of my work it ends up looking nothing like the pep base.
But hardening a helmet purchased from a company changing a few detail and calling it your own is well simply not right in any way.

Well, I never called this my helmet and stated I am modifying the Disguise Helmet base in my first post. This thread is not here to argue with you but to show people simply what I am doing to what I purchased to better it.

Finhead, let's see the final result, before judging Deckard's job as a simple recast. Probably there will be so many details added at the end that will make the initial helmet unrecognizable.
Deckard, in my opinion you should probably open a bit more the ears in the back to make the from view more similar to the picture of the original.
I'm curious to see it finished!

So I take that now you have the helmet wear it is currently, you're going to start putting in the details on the back of the wings?

Will you also be enhancing the details that are already present?

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out

So I take that now you have the helmet wear it is currently, you're going to start putting in the details on the back of the wings?

Will you also be enhancing the details that are already present?

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out

Yes, but the crown needs the most work, and I removed two sections completely not visible in the pics and have to rebuild them completely. There is a lot of filling and smoothing out to be done on the crown after that I will commence work on the interior wing details.

UPDATE: I have been tied up with work on the CAPTAIN AMERICA "I WANT YOU" posters and will resume work on the helm shortly... but I have been focusing on the detail and refinement of the crown.

is this yours or?

After searching online for hours for a Thor helmet replica (helmet not worn often enough in the film...lame) so I decided to build a replica using the disguise costume helmet as a base. I will, however, build a helmet to the specs of the hero prop using this base and documentation I have collect from MARVEL STUDIOS and Comic-Con 2010 photos for references.

IMAG0815.jpg

Hi, great idea by the way, did you remove the two wing pieces from the costume helmet, was this difficult to do?

@ nlschutd: the base helmet was made by Disguise and is a cheepy vacuform piece I am building a better helmet from this though.

@ Forge the wing pieces were attached simply by velcro, yeah sad isn't it. I will however be reattaching those pieces with hidden screws and epoxy.

Is the disguise helmet a full helmet? Could you be so kind as to send me an inside width dimension? My boyfriend has a large head, but this would be a good base to use to mod for his costume if it fits. :) Thanks!!

I think this is coming along great. I know this is my first post on here (yes I am a noob). But I have been looking at a lot of helmets being made by others, and this one looks really good to what I have been seeing. Good work dude.
It is not easy to make a helmet if you don't have something to start from, (which I have notice), but using the cheap plastic one at least gives you somewhere to start. :)

I think this is coming along great. I know this is my first post on here (yes I am a noob). But I have been looking at a lot of helmets being made by others, and this one looks really good to what I have been seeing. Good work dude.
It is not easy to make a helmet if you don't have something to start from, (which I have notice), but using the cheap plastic one at least gives you somewhere to start. :)

Thanks, and I will update this thread soon.

Made some great progress with the Helmet and I will post pics soon! I am Purchasing molding materials Tuesday!

Can you post them today? Want to see How THE helmet has become

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back