Things you're tired of seeing in movies

movies.jpg

Well first of all let's take it easy on #1 on that list, because that's the best, and possibly only way, for a woman to investigate. Second, I would add to #2 that you can also get lost in a Chinese parade, usually be climbing under those dancing Chinese dragon things with the people in them.

Second, I would add to #2 that you can also get lost in a Chinese parade, usually be climbing under those dancing Chinese dragon things with the people in them.
They're lions, not dragons. Secondly, hiding in wouldn't work because all the bad guy has to do is see a 6 legged lion to know that's where you're probably hiding. Even if you kick one of the people out from underneath the lion, your pants won't the other person in the lions nor any other lions. And if you take over the head, you're going to be doing things completely different from any of the other lions that that will draw the attention of anybody looking for you. Of course, this is assuming that the 2 people in the lion don't complain as you join in and/or try to kick one of them out.

Thunder cracking as soon as you see lightning. I HATE that. Everyone knows the lightning comes first, then you hear the thunder seconds later unless it's striking right outside the window, which usually it isn't.

Also, I wish you didn't hear the flash of the blade every damn time someone shows or pulls out a blade.

While I'm at it let's go with chloroform. It takes MINUTES for someone to pass out from chloroform. That stupid Tenant movie has people passing right out from it, and Mr. Nolan wants to be realistic in his approach.

That reminds me... Are guns not deafening in films? You can fire a gun next to someone's ear in a film (Tenant) and no one cares or flinches. You pop off an office round in real life everyone gets tinnitus. SNATCH was the only movie I've seen where a gun go off in the car and everyone's ears ring and windows shatter.

Thunder cracking as soon as you see lightning. I HATE that. Everyone knows the lightning comes first, then you hear the thunder seconds later unless it's striking right outside the window, which usually it isn't.

Also, I wish you didn't hear the flash of the blade every damn time someone shows or pulls out a blade.

While I'm at it let's go with chloroform. It takes MINUTES for someone to pass out from chloroform. That stupid Tenant movie has people passing right out from it, and Mr. Nolan wants to be realistic in his approach.

That reminds me... Are guns not deafening in films? You can fire a gun next to someone's ear in a film (Tenant) and no one cares or flinches. You pop off an office round in real life everyone gets tinnitus. SNATCH was the only movie I've seen where a gun go off in the car and everyone's ears ring and windows shatter.
Copland, when they fire a gun next to Sly's good ear is the only other time I've seen gunshot sounds particularly affect someone.

They're lions, not dragons. Secondly, hiding in wouldn't work because all the bad guy has to do is see a 6 legged lion to know that's where you're probably hiding. Even if you kick one of the people out from underneath the lion, your pants won't the other person in the lions nor any other lions. And if you take over the head, you're going to be doing things completely different from any of the other lions that that will draw the attention of anybody looking for you. Of course, this is assuming that the 2 people in the lion don't complain as you join in and/or try to kick one of them out.

They're lions?! You're telling me I'm 44 and have thought they were dragons all this time?
PtjTzb6.gif
:lol:

I believe the only time I ever fired a gun without hearing protection was when I was about 11 years old, it was a .45 auto, and remember my ears ringing for a while afterwards. Even firing one with heating protection on a range I still get some sensation of that even though it wasn't as bad.

This.
Lion dance is not a bunch of folks just going around in costume like Mardi Gras. It's choreographed and acrobatic and really, really exhausting. The pros just make it look very easy.

That weapon fire thing is funny. Especially now that so many firearms are digitally added after the fact (seriously, why can't they use airsoft guns so at least you'd see the slide move on semi-auto pistols?), of course the actors aren't reacting to loud noises.
They also miss the random bits of stuff that go all over the place when you're shooting indoors. I did CQB training with Uncle Sam and I caught a piece of a door frame upside my cheek, had that mark for a while but thankfully it's gone now. And that was from about teen feet away from where I'd been standing, shooting into a room with an M-4/203 with three shot bursts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back