Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Speaking of heroes and damsels. How about those times where the sequel has to reset the romantic arc by breaking them up in the beginning or inexplicably having a new girl as if the last one never existed?
Remember how they handled that on the second Austin Powers movie, as it turned out Vanessa was a Fembot and everyone knew but Austin? That was brilliant way to resolve it.

And of course they'll always launch that invasion in New York!
In all fairness, if you're going to take over a planet without destroying it outright, you'd want to start off at a population center. That would mean a big city.
Now that said, there are many larger cities than NYC, so it'd be more likely to land in LA, Paris, Moscow or any number of larger cities. And if they monitored communications, they'd really be confused as to where to have the "take me to your leader" landing. The UN HQ? NATO HQ in Brussels? Moscow as it controls a very large nation? Beijing for the same reason? I'd think Washington DC wouldn't be the first place to lane. And certainly not NYC...

Here's one... people in movies who get shot, but then are still able to fight, walk, run and kill the other guys. Trust me... someone puts a around in you, you're not going anywhere anytime
Hollywood radiography has revealed that movie-land protagonists have no vital organs to speak of. Their bodies are composed of a simple skeletal framework covered over with a soft gelatinous mass and skin.

In all fairness, if you're going to take over a planet without destroying it outright, you'd want to start off at a population center. That would mean a big city.
Now that said, there are many larger cities than NYC, so it'd be more likely to land in LA, Paris, Moscow or any number of larger cities. And if they monitored communications, they'd really be confused as to where to have the "take me to your leader" landing. The UN HQ? NATO HQ in Brussels? Moscow as it controls a very large nation? Beijing for the same reason? I'd think Washington DC wouldn't be the first place to lane. And certainly not NYC...
If any aliens have ever watched any movies over the last 50 - 75 years, we know they get all of the good movies up there, then they would know they have to knock out NYC to take over the world.

Last edited:
I liked in Contact, they first got the TV broadcasts from the Berlin Olympics. Imagine a bunch of aliens showing up disappointed that the Nazis aren't around anymore...

I liked in Contact, they first got the TV broadcasts from the Berlin Olympics. Imagine a bunch of aliens showing up disappointed that the Nazis aren't around anymore...
Assuming that they have been receiving our TV transmissions, aliens are going to be sooooo disappointed when they arrive on Earth and can’t find these guys…

19997BCC-299E-4779-BFF7-AE90F27EBCC8.jpeg

Talk about false advertising on our part.

Last edited:

That's a perfect B scifi movie right there! Aliens intercept Nazi broadcasts, think that's a pretty good ideology, come looking for them, and then we have to fight Nazi aliens. They also have to be non human aliens, who obviously didn't completely get the message. :lol:

Characters having conversations with people who aren't there, but in their head. He can see the other person, talk to them, react to them, but of course the other guy is just in his head. No one else can see or hear the other person.

Really tired of this one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back