THEWRAPOFCONS bad person to deal with

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Imperialknight, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Imperialknight

Imperialknight Well-Known Member

Kelly AKA (THEWRAPOFCONS) sold me a "I Dream of Jeanie" Bottle on April 4th which I sent Pay Pal payment on that same day. I have not yet received my Bottle and its now June 2nd. She answered a few PM's then dropped off the face of the Earth.
    If anyone here knows Kelly personally, can you please ask her to contact me and let me know whats going on.

2. Cptnchaos

Cptnchaos Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Imperialknight @ Jun 3 2006, 12:03 AM) [snapback]1255176[/snapback]</div>

I am waiting for something as well. Kelly is busy as all heck with a ton of props. They are all on their way... You should have an email coming to you shortly. I am being patient waiting for my stuff too...

Sorry your not happy, hopefully everything will work out for you.

D

3. Imperialknight

<div class='quotetop'>(Cptnchaos @ Jun 3 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1255179[/snapback]</div>

I am waiting for something as well. Kelly is busy as all heck with a ton of props. They are all on their way... You should have an email coming to you shortly. I am being patient waiting for my stuff too...

Sorry your not happy, hopefully everything will work out for you.

D
    [/b][/quote]
    I would definately understand if she had to make the Bottle, but its a Jim Beam Bottle. I would also understand if she e mails me and tells me whats going on. After she gave me a few excuses why the Bottle wasn't shipped I asked for a refund, and thats when she started giving me the silent treatment.

4. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have a deal in progress with THEWRAPOFCONS but I know the person as Max. I expected our deal to be concluded already based on his original estimate for completion. I tried to call tonight, but couldn't reach him.

EDIT: He just called. He's aware of this thread. Hopefully your issue will be resolved soon.

5. THEWRAPOFCONS

THEWRAPOFCONS Well-Known Member

I am aware of all props that I hve outstanding, and am getting all of them out as soona s I am able, I have prop projetcs going on in 2 states now because of my job with allstate, I have had problems in the past asking a second party to send out things for me so I have started doing them all myslef, the bottle I will now have to ask someone to take care of for me, I try to keep in contact with everyone and keepmpeople updated, if I overlooke a PM from you I am sorry. I have 3 props outstanding on this board and 4 that have been a year in the works, those folks have been very understanding of my work situation but I imagine they are even getting anxious. So I can say all of the orders from here will be taken care of at the latest by the 8th. if you have any questions my e-mail is thewrapofcons@aol.com I am logged on there most of the day and have it running even while I am in the feild

6. Imperialknight

<div class='quotetop'>(THEWRAPOFCONS @ Jun 3 2006, 02:17 AM) [snapback]1255230[/snapback]</div>

7. Imperialknight

We are working things out at this time.

8. Jedirick

Jedirick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Good. please keep me updated by PM. Hope you guys get everything smoothed out.

9. BOBATAFF

BOBATAFF Well-Known Member

i also am waiting for kit from him

but up to know he has anserwed all my mails

jay

10. teecrooz

teecrooz Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

11. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

His name is Max. He is a good guy and does great work. He always aims to please.

12. damon5973

damon5973 Well-Known Member

I have had CONSTANT emails and PMs with him. Always keeping me up to date and I feel comfortable with waiting. I understand certain things take longet than others. I guess we can expect perfection:)

I was assured taht my hawkeye arrow heads woudl be shipped in the next week or so.

cant wait to show them off

13. teecrooz

If you read the threads in the two links I posted, I have been assured that my product would be finished several times. I hope yours does in fact come.

Max,

Please PM me about my request to have a partial refund. I paid for a completed piece but since you are now only offering a kit, I would like the difference back.

Thanks

14. Imperialknight

Hate to tell you guys this but. The person I am dealing with is Kelly, unless she goes by Max also. She was kind of mad when I put her name in the thread. Maybe a husband and wife team.

15. Imperialknight

Just an update. I received my Jim Beam Jeanie Bottle today. I did not receive the instruction and Template as mentioned. Max or Kelly said when its found It will be mailed to me.

16. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Imperialknight @ Jun 8 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]1258097[/snapback]</div>
    Similar situation with me. I bought a Batgirl chest armor set which should have included a set of legs as well a few months back. Also said he would send them when he found them. :unsure

17. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

Some one needs to clear up this issue with TWoC's name. Is it Max or Kelly? Male or Female?

18. teecrooz

This quote is directly from a PM to me. I have not edited it.
    "My name is max, my leaglre name is Kelly whicj I hate on anly my dad calles me by that name."

19. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it me or do threads about TWOC pop up about every 6 months?

20. trekkieb47

trekkieb47 Well-Known Member

I also had a dealing with TWOC a few months back. It involved me getting the wrong size X-Jacket (I told him XL I got a L) he was selling, and after looking at the quality of it decided to send it back for a refund. A lot of back and forth in PMs over weeks, just to get a simple refund.

Anyways the paypal I sent money to originally had a different name (Cliff) than the paypal he sent the refund to me from (Max).

Edit: Also ImperialKnight, it looks like the time you bought it was May 4th not April 4th according to the original sell thread here: http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...opic=109863&hl=

Berry

21. zorg

zorg Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Jun 8 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1258502[/snapback]</div>
    no its not you and yes they do :)

22. Jon8712

Jon8712 Well-Known Member

Funny, I had the exact opposite problem...from a JY thread posted a few months ago, I ordered a Large X-Men jacket from WoC, and what I received was an XL...with stains & fabric pulls on the upper chest. Plus the snap was set backwards.

WoC did refund my money and I sent the jacket back, and then I later repaid him when a jacket in better condition was sent as a replacement, although I would've rather had your Large. LOL

<div class='quotetop'>(trekkieb47 @ Jun 8 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]1258561[/snapback]</div>

23. trekkieb47

<div class='quotetop'>(Jon8712 @ Jun 8 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1258688[/snapback]</div>
    No you probably would not have wanted the Large, it also had stains (from bleach I'm guessing) and the patch was on the wrong sleeve, he did send an extra patch so I could put it on there myself, but the quality was not what I expected at all. I think the snaps were honky on mine too.

My problem with him was that he said he's shipped it at a certain date, kept delaying getting me a tracking number, and actually shipped it 3 weeks later. I thought it was odd that he listed my name (Eric B.) twice during his shipping updates. Unless your initials are Eric B. too like he claimed when we were going back and forth in PM's for a couple months (which I saved).

Berry

24. Jedirick

Jedirick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've asked WrapofCons to cease his sales in the Junkyard until he can resolve any outstanding transactions and all problems with RPF members.

25. J.Max

J.Max Well-Known Member

He's been selling a lot on The League Of Heroes forum lately, so he's probably backed up. I had some issues with him on some resin parts a while back, but we resolved it.

26. Jon8712

Jon8712 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(trekkieb47 @ Jun 8 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1258715[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, mine aren't EB. I wasn't that impressed with the quality either, but I didn't want to back out on the deal. To be fair, he did give me 4 raw casts of X collar pins with the second jacket.

Art

27. trekkieb47

<div class='quotetop'>(Jon8712 @ Jun 9 2006, 08:38 AM) [snapback]1258949[/snapback]</div>
    Then as I previously thought he was just making another excuse. And also being fair he offered me other props to trade since I wasn't happy with the jacket, but it was nothing I was interested in. I'm just glad I got my refund.

Berry

28. UFO

UFO Sr Member

i purchased an ambassador kosh costume from him a few months ago....an item that was already in hand and would "ship in two days"...
    after something like a month, i contacted him and he said it was held up cause it wouldnt fit in his car but would go out "in a few days" ...
    thats when the communication stopped...wouldnt return email, or PM....
    after a few more WEEKS of waiting i filed a paypal claim...magically, two days after i filed my complaint, it was shipped.....
    after i got it, and opened it, it horrified me.
    it was damaged (not from shipping) cracking, falling apart, and overall POORLY constructed.....i requested a refund and was denied...(he claimed he told me of the damage...which he DIDNT).so now im stuck with a $350 P.O.S that i have to try and salvage to make it look decent....which is gonna cost a lot of money....'
    i'll NEVER deal with TWoC again....and i wouldnt reccomend him if someone payed me to.
    if you have outstanding orders, that were "gonna ship" and havent....i'd suggest filing a complaint.

29. trekkieb47

Sorry to hear about your experiences UFO, I remember that selling thread. I should've made a thread like this once I got my refund... maybe it would've helped others after me make a better decision.

Berry

30. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well I don't know about anybody else but I feel that at the very least TOC should NEVER be allowed to sell anything in the Junkyard ever again.

Time after time I see threads on his customer service or rather lack there of.

31. teecrooz

Any replies Max? Last reply was on June 2nd.

On May 30th, you posted the following on this thread: http://www.replicaprops.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=638

"As I have said in one of my post I dont do this as a buisness, but for fun, and this takes a backseat to work. for the last year I have worked 12 hour days 7 days a week for allstate I had some time between storms at the first of the year wich I used to get majority of the bugs out of molds. I have been very vocal about the progress and hve tried to keep everyone updated. I am moving forward with these and they will go out. I have asked for a list of people owed and have heard from 3 people all of which will recieve the box they ordered. I am not at home at the moment and can not work on anything I have there which is why it is taking so long, I travell from state to state doing contents and structure claims. when I am not in the field I am i a hotel doing paperwork or looking up items on my computer, If I have freetime I help a buddy I have here work on some of his props. I will be relesed from this storm in about a week and will be back hme it was my intenton to shipp these orders out then, I should have been out of here over a week ago."

It's been more than a week since that was posted, and over a year since we paid. When should we expect our boxes?

32. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well,
    Max has taken about $350 of mine and I never got anything...it's been about a year and a half now, but he calls me periodically to give me minor updates....I shall not judge quite yet.
    Brad

33. Propazoid

Propazoid Well-Known Member

I got totally hosed a few yrs ago from THEWRAPOFCONS. He screwed me really bad on a "big ticket" trade deal & sent a bunch of junk in a box instead of the said items. When I voiced this a few yrs ago, it just fell to the wayside. I would stay clear of him.

-Zoid

34. kdawg1

kdawg1 Sr Member

I also had a rade with him and it took forever for him to keep his end of the trade, when I got what I traded for it was busted and not due to shipping. I repaired the damage but will never deal with him again.

35. judgedredd

judgedredd Sr Member

i have sent 3 pm's with no response i am awaiting a jedi belt and robe which i paid for ages ago so if you read this can you let me know the tracking details as it should have arrived by now ? cheers

36. blufive

blufive Sr Member

I feel fortunate. It only took him three weeks to ship my package.

37. judgedredd

judgedredd Sr Member

i just got a response to an email i sent Max says he will get the stuff shipped out as he doesnt think they have left yet so fingers crossed :)

38. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ummmm...so why has he not come to the RPF with any response?

39. Master Propmaker

Master Propmaker New Member

I always thought Max was a good guy. Hmmmmmm......

40. KarlBud420

KarlBud420 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(teecrooz @ Jun 12 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1260772[/snapback]</div>
    That post there is a big flashing warning sign.

Anybody who has to ask their customers to contact them because they don't know who they've taken money with is suspect. If your affairs are so complex and convoluted that you can't remember the people who've paid you, you shouldn't be selling anything. Period.

Bruce

41. Fizbin

Fizbin Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'></div>
    Agreed, it's the "too many irons in the fire" syndrome. We've seen it happen to many people and it even happens to the best of us sometimes. But once a pattern emerges, you have a serious problem. :confused

42. saber_wielder

saber_wielder New Member

It has been some time now...a year or so....but I too had a problem with Max. I shared a booth with him at a plano con. he agreed to pay half of the booth rental...never did.It went on for months...with nothing. he finaly said he would send me some kryptonite necklaces and the such from smallville. I was affraid that was going to be the best i could get from him...so I said ok. He told me he would ship it that week. I called him a week later andhe said it would go out the next day. A month and a half later, he mailed it to me. Max seems like a nice guy in person and was fun to talk to...however...communication and service with him was lacking to say the least.

43. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I met Max a few years ago at San Diego Comic Con after having a pretty bad experience from him on getting some cyclops visors and X logos done up. While the communication was decent (until it really mattered), the end product could not be used, nor did it make it by the date that we had agreed on.

Max seems like a really nice guy who appears disorganized and in way over his head. Although I can't say that I haven't had that experience with other prop guys

44. BLAST

BLAST Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine who doesn't have an account here is still waiting on a X1 Cyclops visor.

45. trekkieb47

Looks like "Max" is completely ignoring the RPF right now since he hasn't been on since June 3rd but has posted since then on the League of Heroes forum.

Berry

46. Kris

Kris Sr Member

Well, I've talked with him, and I got send a tracking number today. So still good in my book.

47. teecrooz

No contact from Max since June 3rd. He hasn't posted since June 2nd. Max, forget the prop I paid for in May of 2005. I want a $75 refund sent to my paypal account. teecrooz@hotmail.com

You said you are on the road and busy at work, but it should be very easy for you to take two minutes to send me that money.

48. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wish I had never done business with Max. I've suffered nothing but disappointments. I thought I might be able to keep tabs on the situation since he's local. Well, I'm sick of it.

49. FrankieLove

FrankieLove New Member

I'm waiting on 1 kryptonite ore bar, 1 red k necklace, 1 kent box, 1 stand for krypto inhaler and 2 smallvie shop s's. Last a hear from him was a few weeks back when he asked for my address.

50. trekkieb47

Boy am I tempted to screencap the PM's we had back and forth while I was trying to get my money back from that X-Men jacket deal.

Is moderation going to step in on any of this? Get him to explain his actions? Limit his Junkyard use?

He's on the League of Heroes Messageboard right now... (http://p072.ezboard.com/btheleagueofheroes) so obviously he has been online recently... to busy to come to the RPF or just avoiding it altogether? Hmmm...

Berry