There is no Star Wars, no Indiana Jones, no DC, no Marvel, no ST... What are you a fan of instead?

I have several projects to work on once I have my current backlog of things completed and they have nothing to do with any of those properties. Not just props/ costumes, but books to write. Both fiction and non fiction. --- In fact, as much as I adore Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Marvel, DC and so much of the tentpoles we grew up with, once I build my costumes and props from those and I can finally have all the things I want from them, I'm walking away from the fandoms. Any involvement I have will be purely business. I'm done chasing studio creations and I'm no longer willing to dedicate the rest of my life to a franchise the way I did in the past. I'm grateful for the experiences, the friends I've made, and the things I've learned a long the way, but it's time to head into a new phase in life.
I'm in the exact same spot. I'm even taking a year off (at least) to make it happen.
Gotta try, at least.

It's a strange place to be in, but like anything in life we change and grow. Hopefully for the better. I always loved making things my entire life and I always will, but the end goal of teaching myself these skills of making costumes and props was always to be able to enjoy them. In that way I would be able to experience these incredible stories in a truly immersive way. It's difficult to imagine the change of not having this thing be in the forefront of my life as it has been all these years. Granted I'll always have a connection to it professionally, but I really want to move on to other things. Both personally and creatively.

Interesting premise. Since my fav syfy 'dude', the great Isaak Asimov, preceded Star Wars, I suppose eventually someone would have artistically taken the leap into something IA (or Heinlen or Hurbert... any number of classic, non-fantasy SyFy storetellers.) Not touching on the original Dune movies, which used old-school practical effects to (ah-hum) great effect. Unless we discount the progression of digital computer tech entirely, I'd say pretty well we'd have gotten "there" even without ILM. That it would be different is a given...

Regards, Rober

My Dilbert calendar strip today is about how Wally convinced the Pointy-Haired Boss that Twitter was a video game. One frame has the Boss asking Wally "How do I kill off the trolls?" Wally responds with: "With your words".
Very funny.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back