There is no Star Wars, no Indiana Jones, no DC, no Marvel, no ST... What are you a fan of instead?

I have several projects to work on once I have my current backlog of things completed and they have nothing to do with any of those properties. Not just props/ costumes, but books to write. Both fiction and non fiction. In terms of what I would be a fan of if these properties didn't exist? I would likely be a history buff and delve into medieval history and fantasy far more than I ever have to satisfy that craving for magical story telling. In fact, as much as I adore Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Marvel, DC and so much of the tentpoles we grew up with, once I build my costumes and props from those and I can finally have all the things I want from them, I'm walking away from the fandoms. Any involvement I have will be purely business. I'm done chasing studio creations and I'm no longer willing to dedicate the rest of my life to a franchise the way I did in the past. I'm grateful for the experiences, the friends I've made, and the things I've learned a long the way, but it's time to head into a new phase in life.

Beyond books and movies, animation art is at the top of the list. I love cartoons and illustration. Cels, backgrounds, concept art from early/silver-age WB, RKO, Fleisher, UPA. A collection would most definitely have started with the works of Mary Blair, Eyvind Earle, Quentin Blake to modern guys like Scott Wills.

Last edited:
Space Battleship Yamato (the original 1974 series as well as the update 2012 "2199" remake) You can tell by my avatar

Space 1999

Battlestar Galactica (although admittedly that show would probably not have existed without Star Wars, or at the very least without John Dykstra and his ILM launch pad)

Alien

War of the Worlds and all the various remakes and tv series that have popped up over the years

Last edited:
Lord of the rings, The Hobbit, Classic Monsters, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jaws, Rocky, BTTF, Ghost Busters, Goonies, Sleepy Hollow, First Planet of the Apes, Dukes of Hazzard

Like a lot thats already mentioned of course. But I've always liked the Final Fantasy games (just beat FF5 and watching the ending right now).
I would like to build one of the airships from FF6 some day.

My Aunt Kathy, before her death, introduced me to two major franchises and a love of all things nerdy by the time I was 5. Those two franchises were Star Wars and Jurassic Park. Without SW, I'd still have Jurassic Park, which I can confidently say I'm a VERY big nerd of. Then there's Jaws and the Terminator movies, introduced to me by my father before I was even 10. When I was a kid, I got into LotR, and then the Alien movies when I was 13. Suffice to say I still have plenty to work with.

The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit would be a much bigger priority for me had the aforementioned IP's in the first post didn't exist.

My Aunt Kathy, before her death, introduced me to two major franchises and a love of all things nerdy by the time I was 5. Those two franchises were Star Wars and Jurassic Park. Without SW, I'd still have Jurassic Park, which I can confidently say I'm a VERY big nerd of. Then there's Jaws and the Terminator movies, introduced to me by my father before I was even 10. When I was a kid, I got into LotR, and then the Alien movies when I was 13. Suffice to say I still have plenty to work with.
With Jurassic Park about to hit 30, any plans?
I do and will make a post once I get it all in order.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back