The Wand Company twelfh doctors sonic screwdriver

Mclabop, think you could make a video of some kind with it? All that's been released so far are pictures and descriptions, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see a video~

Ooh, I'd love to see that.

I mean, it's not like it can ever compete with a Rubbertoe in terms of accuracy, but I'd like to see where it succeeds and where it fails.

You can (try to I tried but never get it) order a marble emitter from kursosawa.
You can also easily flatten by hand the actual emitter, it's just a piece of colored plastic...

Shame it's still not accurate regarding all the front, especially the conical ring.
However the polling front is interesting, I think it may be compatible with my actual eleventh screwdriver, highly modified from a universal remote.

I was able to flatten the tip by holding a soldering iron close to the tip long enough to flatten it.

20150927_232532.jpg Before and after 20150927_234715.jpg

Hello
I'm new here at the rpf and have a question. Does anyone know a good way to remove the clearcoat on the cooper parts of the
screwdriver without dissasembling it? It is the only thing i really don't like about the screwdriver cause the cooper is way to shiny and
I like when it gets a little patina over time.

Check Kursosawa's remote conversion threads, he says how he does it there! I don't know which one, though, so search "Sonic remote conversion" and look through them, it'll be there somewhere!

Nuts. Now I have to get another sonic??? I bought Kursosawa's V1 conversion, then had it upgraded to V2. Also bought a Rubbertoe but am still on the payment plan for it. If/when WC comes out with a River sonic I'm going to be pissed...I mean thrilled. :lol

I picked up one of these as soon as it came out on Thinkgeek and I love it! It's a great addition to my ever growing sonic screwdriver collection.
SONIC-COLLECTION1.jpg

The emitter is actually flatter than the old version, but could use a bit more. The only other thing I can nitpick is the section where the claws lock on to is plastic, but I'm sure that's because of the wear it will have to endure with the constant flicking. The copper ring around the marbled interior section is plastic as well, which could have been plated like the rest. Other than that, it's a very affordable and beautiful looking replica. Bring on River's sonic!!! :D

For those wanting to tone down the shine, why not just mask everything off and spray a matte clear on top. You can add some washes and then spray again with matte, or a satin clear coat.

In case of interest... if you've got the non-extending version of the Wand Company's 11th Doctor Sonic remote, you can make it extendable too:

I've got higher res assembly pics up on my website now too:
 Rob Emery Costumes - Making a Sonic Screwdriver remote control extend

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back