The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

For some it will be a take it or leave it in terms of price….having all the Diamond Select Tricorders and the Master Replicas Tricorder ….I’m also looking forward to it…..I’ll just have to sell more lemonade disguised as Romulan Ale!

Peace
I completely concur. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on cost.

I completely concur. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on cost.

IMO, the cool thing about Wand's repros is how you're encouraged to use them and role-play, like super accurate toys, and pushing them to normal licensed replica pricing saps that playful energy in a major way.

I've little doubt that their final pricing will be reflective of the effort and cost involved in bringing it to production. Add in the obvious labor of love that this project is and I give them even more leeway in coming to a price. My worry (besides my own budget) is that it'll be so high that most wouldn't feel comfortable playing with it and it just ends up as an expensive decoration, with all that extra work that drove up the price in the first place going to waste because everyone's scared to hang it off their shoulder.

IMO, the cool thing about Wand's repros is how you're encouraged to use them and role-play, like super accurate toys, and pushing them to normal licensed replica pricing saps that playful energy in a major way.

I've little doubt that their final pricing will be reflective of the effort and cost involved in bringing it to production. Add in the obvious labor of love that this project is and I give them even more leeway in coming to a price. My worry (besides my own budget) is that it'll be so high that most wouldn't feel comfortable playing with it and it just ends up as an expensive decoration, with all that extra work that drove up the price in the first place going to waste because everyone's scared to hang it off their shoulder.

You’ll have to keep the touchy-feely loo’s away with extra vigor……those little kidz and especially the those big kidz.

If that becomes impossible for you…..find a way to overload it to self destruct. Use the “If I can’t have it….no one can” solution, it should be capable of doing so according to the “Arena”………

”As Spock joins him, his tricorder begins to hiss and smoke. He throws it away a moment before it explodes, and he’s impressed that the aliens managed to feed its signal back on itself and overload it.”

There may not be any Red shirts in the ensuing touchy-feely loo’s mob when you toss it into them ….but after it explodes…there will be!

Peace

Last edited:
IF it gets up to, or exceed $500…….Wand should embed all 79 TOS episodes as a Thank You for Waiting Years Bonus.
Unfortunately, even before they encountered all the coding problems, their tricorder was not going to be capable of playing any form of video. Learning that fact was a disappointment, to say the least.

Yah, I think they said that it won't have bluetooth either.

Oh well, I'm still going to get one.

Pffft….I have a version that plays back audio from the TOS episodes…can the Wand Tricorder do that?

IMG_9291.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back