The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I’m getting two, whenever it comes out. It seems like I’m having to wait for everything these days. I was waiting for a good episode of Star Trek: Strange New Hair, but that ship has clearly sailed. Mission: Impossible isn’t coming out till next year, and then only Part One. And my Mac Studio is backordered till mid-July (I ordered it three weeks ago). As Alex said, “Initiative comes to those that wait.” Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange, not Alex Kurtzman. Screw that guy.

”They also serve who only stand and wait.” I’ve always wondered what that means. Serve what? A purpose? Tea and biscuits? Tennis? Waiting blows, but we all have to do it, so you might as well grin and bear it.

Not since Ralphie was placed on the edge of pins and needles awaiting the arrival his secret decoder ring has there been anticipation, anxiety, and FOMO this high…

CDADA0D8-A49C-4979-8DD3-4BC78138FA89.jpeg

”They also serve who only stand and wait.” I’ve always wondered what that means. Serve what? A purpose? Tea and biscuits? Tennis? Waiting blows, but we all have to do it, so you might as well grin and bear it.

I believe it applies to servants in general, but I always thought it meant those Buckingham Palace guards. They just stand there, and aren't allowed to talk or respond to any passers-by...but they are guards, and WAIT until something happens to then SERVE.

I believe it applies to servants in general, but I always thought it meant those Buckingham Palace guards. They just stand there, and aren't allowed to talk or respond to any passers-by...but they are guards, and WAIT until something happens to then SERVE.
I was being rhetorical for the sake of humor. It’s actually a line from a poem by John Milton, who was lamenting his encroaching blindness. It means that you don’t have to be a great servant to God by running around trying to please Him with great works. You can equally serve God by only standing and waiting. He is a king who doesn’t need great gifts.

At this juncture I would gently hint to The Wand Company that they could greatly please God by releasing their ****ing tricorder already.

They have repeatedly said they will provide updates when they have something to update. They are having just as many problems, if not more, with supply issues as everyone else and from what I understand have had to redo some of the electronics because of this.

:rolleyes:When they have info to update they will update, pretty simple.:rolleyes:
Right? They have consistently posted the most amazing, well written updates filled with photos, diagrams, reasoning behind their decisions, and on and on. They are one of the most communicative companies I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They go above and beyond providing updates when progress is made. Does none of that count? When they're literally stalled because of supply chain issues, what exactly are they supposed to be providing regular updates about?

Right? They have consistently posted the most amazing, well written updates filled with photos, diagrams, reasoning behind their decisions, and on and on. They are one of the most communicative companies I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They go above and beyond providing updates when progress is made. Does none of that count? When they're literally stalled because of supply chain issues, what exactly are they supposed to be providing regular updates about?
Well, it would go a long way toward soothing jittery nerves if they posted something brief on social media, maybe saying they’re sympathetic to our concerns, but there’s no new information, things are still in flux, and they’re sorry they didn’t do an update at the end of April as they said they were going to, but things came up…

I think it’s the complete radio silence, especially over a month after they said they’d put something out and then didn’t, that is rankling people. It seems out of character for them, which is concerning in and of itself. I have my suspicions that the ongoing lockdowns in Beijing and Shanghai may have something to do with it, but without at least some smoke signals from TWC, that’s just a guess.

what do you have jittery nerves about? Have you put down a deposit? Do you have money invested in their company?
To my knowledge they haven't taken any money from anyone so I'm not sure what there is to be nervous about. They already said anyone on the mailing list would have first crack at ordering one when the time came and that they'd make as many as needed to fill orders.

I think some may be concerned that the project will be canceled. I"m not in that group, but complete radio silence leaves room for others to insert "doom & gloom" scenarios.

The screws….they can finally update us regarding what screws they have chosen for the assemblage of the production model.

Lo, many a sleepless night have I had waiting for this vital piece of information.

B4878435-EACD-4F62-9027-E2D9162A9ECF.jpeg

Don’t wait for the shipments to arrive—answer me now!!

The screws….they can finally update us regarding what screws they have chosen for the assemblage of the production model.

Lo, many a sleepless night have I had waiting for this vital piece of information.

View attachment 1584118

Don’t wait for the shipments to arrive—answer me now!!
But WAIT! that's the wrong screw! NOT ACCURATE! Now we have something to scrutinize and complain about for weeks until the next little tidbit!

I believe it's coming.

My guess is a rework of the electronics due to the IC chip situation, but thats just a guess.

A quick update, even one that says we have nothing new to add at this time would be helpful in reducing the jitters of some, but in the end
We will buy it.

I can wait, Charlotte said an update is coming.

My names on the list. They showed us nearly the whole dang thing. When ready I will throw my money at them. Until then phaser on….display next to the communicator. What we need to bug them about is SNW versions!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back