The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but in the last 48 hours the comms and phasers have almost tripled in selling price on the aftermarket. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the Wand company has officially announced no more will be made.

I have noticed that in price increases as well. The new TOS Tricorder whenever it comes out will be going for $240 i had read.

I understand folks buy more then one then turn around to sell and make a profit, but some of the prices are just a rip off. Heck i may large amount of money if the item is signed by Gene Roddenberry or something with proper COA just wild.

Nobody is ripping anyone off. Something sells for what the market will bear. If someone is willing to pay insane prices for something, that’s what it’s worth. Just because YOU don’t like the prices doesn’t make it a ripoff.

Very true if people are willing to pay whatever the price is then they will pay it. I am a collector and at times i pay a wild prices if something is worth having. As for the word "Rip Off" perhaps i should have used a different word. As for me liking or disliking how high a price is. When you into collecting the price is what one is willing to pay. As you said and many will agree here, "Something sells for what the market will bear" is very true and i agree with you.

Really looking forward to this! I currently own the wand Phaser, Communicator and season 1 hand Phaser with the rock. Great stuff! Although I have the Master Replicas Tricorder, I am looking forward to completing the Wand Company's Landing party set.

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 4.49.41 PM.png

I had to sell my wand company phaser last summer after I had been laid off. There was no way I was going to part with my communicator, and I will be getting this definitely.

I used to regularly check their website to see what new goodies they were making. I finally gave up about a year ago what all they were making were fallout replicas. Thank you so much for posting this.

Looks like they are going to have switchable screens, that's a big upgrade from the Master Replicas, I don't remember what the Master Replicas Tricorder sold for new but it was much more than $240!

Both the Wand communicator and Phaser had real life functions, TV Remote, Bluetooth cellphone, I wonder if the Tridorder will have a real life function too.

I bought an extra Wand Communicator and Phaser before the prices Sky Rocketed, not to sell but to have a backup. Also I got a B&W phaser from SD Studios, that is one of my favorite props to date!

You can get replacement batteries for the Communicators but I emailed Wand about the phaser battery and they just said there isn't a replacement battery available because the phaser wasn't meant to be opened up. I try to remember to charge mine every now and then to keep the battery working but eventually that is going to be a problem and some day I'm going to have to replace those batteries. I hope someone has a tutorial on taking the phaser apart some day.

The Wand Company 10th doctor who sonic screwdriver boys not meant to have the battery changed either, but you can get replacement Rechargeable batteries if you know where to look. I replaced several batteries on those with batteries from Ali Express. So I'm sure the phaser batteries could be replaced.

Phaser battery’s have been replaced, I forgot who did one , but it is not an easy task

Would be nice to see them offer a Phaser 1 with accessible battery that's compatible with the current replica.

I just want to take the time to take some of the credit for this being created. I wrote the Wand Co. about 12 times with suggestions to get this made. You're welcome.;):):cool:

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but in the last 48 hours the comms and phasers have almost tripled in selling price on the aftermarket. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the Wand company has officially announced no more will be made.
I'm sure

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back