The Walking Dead Season 9

Hopefully that means Omnibus Volume 4 will be coming out sooner than later. Have the first three already and was wondering why 4 was taking so long. Didn't know they were probably waiting for the series to end first.

I have the first...two, I think? Maybe 3? Whichever one ended with the start of the Whispers arc. I found that the quality of the comic really degraded over time, with a lot more filling of splash pages as content instead of storytelling.

As for the show...it should've ended years ago, in my opinion.

I'm not going to give away the end of the comic, but, there is another huge time jump. I'll say that much. The comic is loaded with characters who are not in the TV show anymore, and now Daryl is the lead, and he's not in the comic, so the storyline is going to have to change. I'm guessing when the TV show ends it'll have a very different ending than the comic.

I just finished my second binge watch of the show. I originally didn't get into the show until after season 6. Then I started doing the weekly episodes. I've stated here how much I couldn't stand seasons 7 and 8, because it just seemed like NOTHING was ever going to happen. I will now rescind that statement. As a binge watch, those two seasons go down quite well. Or at least a helluva lot smoother than having to wait a week every time to just hope someone will finally kill Negan.

This entire show just works better as a binge watch. Flat and simple. Almost wishing I had the patience to just let this whole new season pass on by before I watch it. Just feels so much more satisfying that way.

But I know I won't be able to do that. However, I am currently doing that with Fear, but that is really just because I've got about five other binges I want to do first.

Was there a preview show on the other night??

I thought my wife mentioned it in passing? but I never followed up or looked for it

Yeah, it was an episode of Talking Dead that showed interview footage with the cast, and had a few cast members on the couch with the new show runner. It wasn't bad.

At the least minute, I remembered it was on.... turned it on..

then just got distracted by the family and didnt even watch it. LOL

I have it DVR'd though... but have been in no rush to see it yet.

Maggie is coming back... (and I still dont really care)..

I only wanna know where the helicopter took Rick.

I found out the show was coming back on the 6th at 8 PM! LOL Never paid attention to the commercials because they looked so stupid! I watched it, I watch it now out of habit not because I am actually looking forward to it. Kind of sad, this was THE show for me to watch every week!

I’ve been a massive fan of this show since the beginning. It’s utterly unwatchable now. The stories are juvenile and badly written, and the characters are so far removed from how they were originally written, that I just don’t care for them any more. It’s soap opera now with a few zombies thrown in. And a bad soap opera at that.

Seems like this show now has lost a lot of its viewers here as well as the general viewing public

Its their own fault!

One thing I hate (at least how I see it)..

A new show will grab us all.. and be AMAZING!..

All of this will no (small) budget usually...

They are forced to make things better with less.. and we love and embrace it.. and it becomes the next 'trend' for shows.

Then it gets popular.. (and it all goes down hill).. which you'd think would make it better? more demand.. more budget..etc

You get more or stuff like this:

Long gaps between shows/seasons (GoT, Sopranos..etc)
Terrible writing (its too popular to get a negative review!). <-- wrong.
Writers or directors are now popular.. and they start looking toward their futures.. (movie offers now, other project thoughts..etc all pulling focus AWAY from made them coveted in the first place)
No more demand for good scripts/acting.. because we have a bigger budget now.. (so we replace it will bad CGI, or the latest trend, have some A lister celeb or musician have a cameo!).. I CANT STAND THAT! :)

Maggie coming back wont save the show (I was sick of her and her character before she left anyways)..

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back