The Walking Dead Season 3

Robert Kirkman said on Attack Of The Show that someone dies at the end of the premiere episode and he shed a tear.

Wonder who it will be?

My guess is Hershel. Haven't seen him in any promo photos and he is the only one that hasn't been in the pics that I would be a little sad about. Think about it, Hershel's purpose in the comics (post-farm) was to show them how to grow crops. From what has been said about 'prison life' in the tv series, they won't be settling down quite as much as they did in the comic. Especially with all the time they spent at the farm, if we got 3-4 episodes of watching crops grow in a prison yard, I'm pretty sure they would lose some viewers.

Kinda sucks though that we are losing people so rapidly. That will be 3 main characters and several others in what, 4 episodes? Same as the comic but I kinda wish we still had some more of the original characters in the comics. Sure we keep getting new people but it is more difficult to get attached to them knowing they are just zombie fodder. I know the shock value is the point but I don't really see how we can afford to lose too many more.

With a tv series, I see this being even more of a problem.

For anyone who wants to know about who died in issue #100 click the spoiler tag to see one of the pages

jszsjn.jpg

Yeah I just read it this morning. A buddy at work picked it up for me not even knowing how huge of a deal it was.

I also thought it would have been Maggie, Glen seemed like to still be a useful character. I think it would have been emotional even with Maggie since she was a love interest and with child but I truly felt bad about Glen. He's been our buddy since the beginning.

Yeah, yesterday's issue #100 was brutal. And, for a comic that has a history of doing brutal things to its characters, that's saying something.

As to the death that Kirkman said would happen in the Season 3 premiere, I'm going to guess its Carol. She's slated to die at the prison anyway (not saying it will happen as the show doesn't mirror the books, obviously), but saying that if they need to kill a character, having her feed herself to the zombies in a bit of hopeless depression while they're clearing the facility out makes sense now as the death of Sophia is still so fresh. It might not make as much sense after they've established the prison as a safe-zone.

Hershel needs to stick around to teach everyone how to plant and grow crops so that we really start to feel like the Prison is a sustainable and almost hopeful place (you know, before Kirkman brings that idea crashing down around them).

Hershel needs to stick around to teach everyone how to plant and grow crops so that we really start to feel like the Prison is a sustainable and almost hopeful place (you know, before Kirkman brings that idea crashing down around them).

They have said that the prison isn't going to be quite the safe zone it was in the comic.

I really think they are gearing up for a Daryl/Carol romance. By episode 1 they won't have developed that enough to have much of an impact if she is killed off. Would be a wasted death. It would also be too obvious considering the comic. They try to shy away from that.

They could cut off Hershel's daughter's head but she really hasn't had a role so I doubt it.

Have you always been such a drama queen? You play the part well. Anyway, moving on.

No drama, just calling it like it is. It really doesnt bother me, but Ive fallen for your links every time. In this thread and the TDR thread....I think your posting a link to an article or something pertaining to the discussion thats all.

Back on topic

What are everyones predictions for deaths throughout the season (of known characters of course)

IMO

Carol - either suicide or letting the walkers get her
Beth - possibly by
Thomas
T-Dog and possibly Hershel - by the governor
Glen Mazzara (writer/producer) mentioned Hershel will die a horrible death, probably slow

I think if they were going to kill T-Dog off (in the near future) they would have done it by now. I think he will have a larger role this season.

Thanks for posting the link MooCriket.

I missed the preview weekend on AMC and was hoping the trailer would be posted here. The action looks promising for this season. Not feeling the Governor from the clips. I hope actor can really bring the evilness out in the full episodes.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back