The Unused Voyager Tricorder V2

As some one who's done a lot with the 555Timer... the decade counter is a 4017. The 4010 is an inverter. I built the electronics for a whole TARDIS console with those!!!! I am slowly replacing those displays with Arduino because I can do much more elaborate light patterns.

What MangyDog is doing is like infinite level **** (expletive deleted)! I work designing electronics professionally and this is some of the most incredible stuff I've ever seen.

An extraordinary build from one creator with the mastery of at least four different disciplines. It is the best Tricorder build we will see for a very long time. Simply Brilliant!

As some one who's done a lot with the 555Timer... the decade counter is a 4017. The 4010 is an inverter. I built the electronics for a whole TARDIS console with those!!!! I am slowly replacing those displays with Arduino because I can do much more elaborate light patterns.

What MangyDog is doing is like infinite level **** (expletive deleted)! I work designing electronics professionally and this is some of the most incredible stuff I've ever seen.
4017 are for those boojie programmers.

Honestly one of the best build threads on the forum today. Amazing final result, but the journey was really enlightening. Thank you for sharing.

I‘m blown away by your skills and passion, this Tricorder build is just awesome.

In your current run you changed the button design to have larger button stickers on top, instead of smaller stickers in the recesses - I‘ve seen your latest building video (only skipped through the hour tbh) and am curious, why did you add copper tape?

Wouldn‘t it have been much easier and more reliable to remove the flat button areas from the 3d print (make them as cutouts) so that the touch pads of your PCBs are visible and the stickers go directly on the PCB touch pads?

I‘m blown away by your skills and passion, this Tricorder build is just awesome.

In your current run you changed the button design to have larger button stickers on top, instead of smaller stickers in the recesses - I‘ve seen your latest building video (only skipped through the hour tbh) and am curious, why did you add copper tape?

Wouldn‘t it have been much easier and more reliable to remove the flat button areas from the 3d print (make them as cutouts) so that the touch pads of your PCBs are visible and the stickers go directly on the PCB touch pads?
That was the original plan. But i found that it would leave the resin prints extremely thin in some places. Which is why i went back to using tape fed through...

Funnily with the recessed buttons I did use PCB pads.

Ok,

I just got mine.

I think I peed a little when I powered it on. Pictures and video...."Justice, Do it not."

It takes alot to impress me. Not because Im a SNOB, Because I have seen many many fan made items and feel I have a pretty good basis on which to judge something.

I mean... I AM a SNOB....but..GOOD GOD.

There is a work of art, then there is a FREAKIN' WORK OF ART.

To say Im just utterly blown away, is an understatement.

Frank

Ever considered doing another run? I just found your videos on YouTube.. I'm shocked on the level of technical skill you have. These are the most impressive prop tricorders I've ever seen.

Ever considered doing another run? I just found your videos on YouTube.. I'm shocked on the level of technical skill you have. These are the most impressive prop tricorders I've ever seen.
Yeah, but things are really complicated right now as Im just in the process of loosing my home, and will be moving shortly. I dont know exactly what equipment ill have access to as I may have to put much of my gear into storage. I will know more in the coming month.

But if all goes well, I still plan to do a second run next year.
details here.
Check this thread for most of the details. And if youre still interested mention your interest there :)

Yeah, but things are really complicated right now as Im just in the process of loosing my home, and will be moving shortly. I dont know exactly what equipment ill have access to as I may have to put much of my gear into storage. I will know more in the coming month.

But if all goes well, I still plan to do a second run next year.
details here.
Check this thread for most of the details. And if youre still interested mention your interest there :)
I understand fully about life situations halting our hobbies.. It's best to put your energy into getting things squared away first.. good luck and hope things will go well for you..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back