The Unused Voyager Tricorder V2

13doctorwho

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As some one who's done a lot with the 555Timer... the decade counter is a 4017. The 4010 is an inverter. I built the electronics for a whole TARDIS console with those!!!! I am slowly replacing those displays with Arduino because I can do much more elaborate light patterns.

What MangyDog is doing is like infinite level **** (expletive deleted)! I work designing electronics professionally and this is some of the most incredible stuff I've ever seen.

MandoJedi

An extraordinary build from one creator with the mastery of at least four different disciplines. It is the best Tricorder build we will see for a very long time. Simply Brilliant!

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
As some one who's done a lot with the 555Timer... the decade counter is a 4017. The 4010 is an inverter. I built the electronics for a whole TARDIS console with those!!!! I am slowly replacing those displays with Arduino because I can do much more elaborate light patterns.

What MangyDog is doing is like infinite level **** (expletive deleted)! I work designing electronics professionally and this is some of the most incredible stuff I've ever seen.
4017 are for those boojie programmers.

Walter

Master Member
Honestly one of the best build threads on the forum today. Amazing final result, but the journey was really enlightening. Thank you for sharing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.