The Undertaker Retires

Rupert_Angier

Sr Member
After his match against Roman Reigns at this years Wrestlemania, the Undertaker (who suffered a loss), stood in the centre of the ring, took off his gloves, folded his jacket, and placed his hat on the mat, signifying his reitement. A force in professional wrestling for over three decades, Mark Calloway, aka the Undertaker, is hanging it up. It was a shock, but at the same time, not, that this would be his final match.

For those that are fans, or were fans, its truly the end of an era.

http://ble.ac/2orD15v

Dude I remember when the Undertaker first came out. I was a kid into wrestling and when the did the tombstoner(or whatever it was called) and rolled his eyes back white I thought it was the coolest, most badass thing ever! And his music was just the bells tolling? Rad. I cant believe he has been around this long. Good luck to whatever he does, the guy is a monster.

It may be fake but the wear and tear on the body sure isn't,
Indeed. I used to manage (as a heel, naturally) for a semi-pro Wrestling league here in Sweden (not joking, we even had the odd ex-WWF star as guests from time to time) and man did they tear themselves up. One of "my" dudes had a habit of ending up in the emergency room after every match. (His body was magnificently sculpted, but he was rather young and impulsive... he once went half a match with two broken fingers). I was binge-watching all the Wrestlemanias a few years ago but lost interest when I got to the late 90s and the ultra-violence era began, with all the blood and barbed wire. I grew up with the OTT antics of the Macho Man and that generation.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back