The Ultimate Luke ANH Graflex Research & Discussion Thread

Told myself that my graflex collection was complete unless something really special came along………..

Got this last week, pretty much my dream version. If the clamp bar had been stamped that would have been nice but I’m honestly delighted with it.

The bulb assembly lip is chipped but it looks fine. I’ll add an early glass eye and possibly change the button but apart from that I’m going to leave it as is.

Delighted to have this in my collection :)(y)View attachment 1802034View attachment 1802035View attachment 1802037View attachment 1802040View attachment 1802063

Colin, this actually IS a really special piece. this is the real top half of that recent RAF folmer discovered by ChrisR. This Graflex and the other with the RAF stamp on it discovered by ChrisR in fact comes from the same seller who put them up for sale practically at the same time or a few days apart. Speaking with ChrisR privately in recent days it turned out that the eBay seller found them together and that it is very likely he inverted the top half of one with the bottom of the other. As you can see from the images that Colin showed his new top half reflects all the features that a genuine and complete RAF-Flex top half must have:

- Chrome Bunny Ears Ring (the second version)
- Chrome Bulb Socket Slotted Screw
- Straight and Round Head Brass Pins
- Thin Knurling & Single Step Folmer Red Button
- Shiny and Machined Finish Beer Tab Pin Head

Congrats Colin, you deserve it!

Last edited:
v312 ... no I meant another ... this one :

View attachment 1802074
FOLMER NEW YORK Graflex Flash 3-Cell Vintage Authentic from the same seller as the rusty RAF Folmer. It has me confused now.

Chaïm
I've looked up the listing on ebay, as far as I can tell this button is also not a replica, unless they have become real close to the genuine buttons nowadays. But for this early graflex the button should have been with the stripe knurling not the full one like the later so it is probably swapped from another graflex

Okay thanks v312 ... as I said to Diego86 via messenger on Fb yesterday ... I've been looking for a New York bottom or a complete Folmer New York without any luck ... then all of a sudden ebay is flooded with them and I am left standing because of USA bidders only or extravagant high bids put in :

picard-facepalm-face-palm.jpg

Chaïm

I've been reading the forum for weeks learning about props, mostly aliens stuff and I spotted this board a little too late for me, and saw peoples dealings with me mentioned in a round about way. I'm glad the 2 UK guys are happy with the Graflex they each got from me, I really dropped the ball not doing my due diligence and learning about the RAF serial and the other 3 cell variations, but that's the way things go, important lesson learned. And I miss them already, but I thought you'd like the picture I took when they were still together.
PHOTO-2024-03-05-21-38-32.jpg

..... it turned out that the eBay seller found them together and that it is very likely he inverted the top half of one with the bottom of the other......
Oh crap, sorry guys. I thought they were the same and must have mixed them when I bagged them up, unless someone else had before me. Looks like you both got to have something special. The photos above were when I just got them before I had done anything so if your eyes are good enough you may be able to work out what happened.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back