The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Okay saber fam-- Here is a BETA version of the next edition.

It's not yet on wannawanga, I haven't released it to the FB groups or other forums. I'm not even updating the first post yet. I am still waiting on notes from a couple new sources and some images are still on the way to me, so this is not final. But this is close, so now's the time I do a small show for you all to play spot the problems...

LOTS of changes. Did a lot of rewriting, a few new entries, and I dod a total redesign. Enjoy!

http://sethmsherwood.com/OMGSECRET/V4_2019_betaV2.pdf

It's not yet on wannawanga, I haven't released it to the FB groups or other forums. I'm not even updating the first post yet. I am still waiting on notes from a couple new sources and some images are still on the way to me, so this is not final. But this is close, so now's the time I do a small show for you all to play spot the problems...

LOTS of changes. Did a lot of rewriting, a few new entries, and I dod a total redesign. Enjoy!

A couple of thoughts on the sequel trilogy sabers...

Re how shiny the graflexes look in TLJ, my suspicion is the color grading is causing it, rather than CGI replacement or touchups. Depending on what exactly they're doing, they could be dragging the highlights and shadows all over the dang map, which would certainly mess with the appearance of something like reflective metal.

For the sake of completeness, I think it's worth comsidering that they could also have just replated the vintages they were using. Is that likely? I don't know, but it's worth listing.

Re Kylo Ren's saber, you may want to check out this thread and have a look at this guys work recreating the saber(s). He seems to think the TFA and TLJ sabers are different and it's worth checking out to see if he's right.

Kylo Ren's Lightsaber Hilt Build

Obvious differences include a wider, more irregular cutout in the main body on the TLJ version, and different shaping where the side emitters meet the body.

A couple of thoughts on the sequel trilogy sabers...

Re how shiny the graflexes look in TLJ, my suspicion is the color grading is causing it, rather than CGI replacement or touchups. Depending on what exactly they're doing, they could be dragging the highlights and shadows all over the dang map, which would certainly mess with the appearance of something like reflective metal.

For the sake of completeness, I think it's worth comsidering that they could also have just replated the vintages they were using. Is that likely? I don't know, but it's worth listing.

Re Kylo Ren's saber, you may want to check out this thread and have a look at this guys work recreating the saber(s). He seems to think the TFA and TLJ sabers are different and it's worth checking out to see if he's right.

Kylo Ren's Lightsaber Hilt Build

Obvious differences include a wider, more irregular cutout in the main body on the TLJ version, and different shaping where the side emitters meet the body.

The TLJ graflexs were wicked polished. You can see the polish job in the Star Wars show props episode

Where they debuted the “white glove” saber. I just recently backed up my phone and don’t have a picture to show you for example :(

You can see in between the t track the difference in finish, between the track, and the upper part of the flash

I think they just buffed the heck out of them

There's some dude Fan-splaining me on one of the FB groups using the guide as his evidence... guess he skipped right to the pictures...

Fan-splaining, HAA!!! Love it! That's going in the lexicon.

I saw that, haha. I felt the same when I was being “schooled” on the Obi saber last week.

I would have paid money to see that. But I doubt I would've been able to keep myself from laughing at whoever was "schooling" you.

There's some dude Fan-splaining me on one of the FB groups using the guide as his evidence... guess he skipped right to the pictures...

Link? Lol

I remember years ago when I was among the most knowledgeable regarding sabers.. since then give forgotten many details and so much has been discovered and debunked I do t even know whats going on with sabers anymore. Lol

Great work btw, [emoji106]

We've all been there. I'm being treated like a n00b pariah at the Dented Helmet right now be cause my ability to eyeball EE-3 accuracies is zilch compared to my saber knowledge.

We've all been there. I'm being treated like a n00b pariah at the Dented Helmet right now be cause my ability to eyeball EE-3 accuracies is zilch compared to my saber knowledge.

All the freaking blaster variants look the same to me. Can't tell a Greedo Killer from an...actually, that's the only variant name I know. But I can spot a graflex variant from a mile away!

All the freaking blaster variants look the same to me. Can't tell a Greedo Killer from an...actually, that's the only variant name I know. But I can spot a graflex variant from a mile away!

I can spot the DL44 variations, and the obvious differences between the ROTJ and ESB EE-3... but beyond that I got nothing. Even with comparison photos with E11s I can't see the difference.

I got caught once at the Dented helmet thinking the "stunt" fett rifle was the real hero. They pointed out the seam line in the barrel is where it "blows up" and theres a cut-out in the stock with a switch and wiring for the pyro charge. And yet I can spot different Stunt sabers.

I really like a lot of the new additions and the improved layout, plus I love the classic red and black color scheme that makes the contrasting white text easier to read.

The ONE thing I would change, I'm not too crazy about the photonegative sabers beginning each chapter. To me, the benefit of the full color photos from previous editions is that it gives the reader the best possible look of the saber in question as it would have looked on screen (even if it's just a dang good replica) before going into the unclear and grainy screenshots/photographs in the chapter proper.

But apart from that, excellent work as always! <3

Great to see all this info in one place!

In the beta I noticed that page 16 is locatedafter page 26.

Edit: whoops, missed that my other comment was covered in the guide itself!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back