The Twilight Zone

Ok, I'm trying to verify what size the doll was in "Living Doll." Brikette comes in 16" and 22". I've been trying to find color photos and have had no luck. They did have color photography at that point, didn't they? I did find a page that says that Talkie Tina's outfit was specially made for her, so I won't be able to just buy a Brikette outfit that was commercially available. I'll have to replicate it the best I can.

I found a Brikette forum and started poking around there. One of the members bought a custom Talky Tina that was made from a reissue/reproduction of the doll. However, the person who made it used the smaller version. I've found enough sources that say Tina was the larger(22") doll. The members of that forum also believe that the doll used for "Living Doll" had a wig, or was rerooted, as the hair is still not quite the same as even the brunette version. I've been checking eBay and the 22" Brikette seems to go for a good bit, but I'm going to try and find one anyway.

Sorry for carrying on this thread all by myself, but I can't help feeling excited every time I find/verify information. I watched the beginning of "Living Doll" again, paying close attention to Talky Tina's size compared to the actors, especially with the mother. In one scene, she's holding the doll, whose head is just under the actress' neck. The feet are right around the groin area. I measured that on myself, and came up with about 2 feet. So assuming the mother was about average size, the doll they used would have had to be the 22" version. There. That's about as definitive an answer as I'm going to get. I've asked a member about info listed in the TZ Companion, so unless I get a response that I'm totally wrong somehow, I can say with some certainty that I've found the right doll to make my own replica Talky Tina.

You are not alone... I am following your progress, love the enthusiasm. :thumbsup :)

I'd like to duck back to Phase Pistol's mention of Demon With A Glass Hand from Outer Limits -- my god that would be a cool prop to own. Didn't somebody start a thread about it a little while ago?

I'd like to duck back to Phase Pistol's mention of Demon With A Glass Hand from Outer Limits -- my god that would be a cool prop to own. Didn't somebody start a thread about it a little while ago?

Yup. Here it is. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=2029&highlight=outer+limits

I also found this page. http://www.twilightzone.org/html/tzatv_ps.html
It's an interesting read, although I don't know how reliable it is, seeing as he/she has already used a photograph of the wrong doll for Talky Tina and mislabeled her size(the actual doll was not available in 19"). I was looking for a link to email the site owner and see what other information he/she had available, but haven't found it yet. The blurb about the Mystic Seer was pretty neat though.

Well, there's a lot of work to be done, but here she is in black and white. I still need to locate resources to make her wig, and a pattern that's close enough for the dress. I have no idea what color the original might have been, so I'm going with a base of medium blue. As long as I can get a fairly close design, it should look alright.
brikette3-1.jpg

I am working on recreating the Mystic Seer Fortune machine from the episode Nick of Time.

Have you found an actual Swami Fortune Machine? Apparently they took one of those, altered the front, and added the head for the show. I've read that the idea for the devil head came from a candy dispenser.

yes, I got one on ebay for the measurements - then resold the machine for twice what I purchased it for :), the bobble from monstersinmotion will top the machine(cheap at $12). I thought of doing a run on the machine but will wait until I have my machine done to see if it comes out like I am hoping.
100_0845.jpg

twilightzonenickoftime3.jpg

Here's a screen cap of the real deal. Note no humps on the sides.

Also, the entire bobblehead as a whole will be too small to be accurate but I love the idea that they did it in black and white tones. The head looks fairly decent if it is big enough.

Going off the link from the first page, this guy sells complete Seers or kits . . . http://www.b9robotresource.com/devil-head.htm

I may end up speaking with him depending on how this bobble head is.

Starfighter, do you have any progress pics of how yours is coming along?

Last edited:
cutting the pieces now, will post more when I start assembly. mine is not as elaborate as the other but will be a static display, I have invested under $50 in this project so far.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back