The spear of Destiny from Constantine (full metal build)

DaBuild

Sr Member
Hello fellow maker!
My latest build. The Spear of destiny from Constantine.
I had a thrill making this one! Full metal! The spear of destiny is actually an historical artifact and appears in many movies. Not only Constantine.
I based my template on an actual replica from Magnoli Props. The Level of detail is simply amazing.
It was a fun one!
Cheers!
Dan

Last edited:
My template. Go nuts and build your own! Cheers!
Template.jpg

Just curious but what was different about the Constantine version vs the Magnoli one? From what I remember they both looked pretty similar.

The Constantine spear is an idealized, almost cartoon, rendering of the original Spear:

0f651581f2999f869182eb0dc1e4de1e1f65a920.gif

The wire work is simpler (probably cast into the prop), the gold sleeve doesn't have any writing on it (or it's VERY subtle) and has a ridge down the middle (which actually incorrectly marks the shape of the spear underneath), the gold crosses are missing... a lot of little details.

The Constantine spear is an idealized, almost cartoon, rendering of the original Spear:

View attachment 1653227

The wire work is simpler (probably cast into the prop), the gold sleeve doesn't have any writing on it (or it's VERY subtle) and has a ridge down the middle (which actually incorrectly marks the shape of the spear underneath), the gold crosses are missing... a lot of little details.
Indeed! That's why I followed yours :cool:

View attachment 1653227

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the info! Had wondered this for a while now but hadn't looked into it so that's cool to know!

If you look it up on Wikipedia there is a picture of the "real" one it's based on. There are three Churches that have relics of the Spear Of Destiny. They all admit theirs might not be real and are more symbolic. This one seems to be a favorite to use in the movies... it's definitely the most ornate of the three.

Holy Lance displayed in the Imperial Treasury at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria.
Weltliche_Schatzkammer_Wien_(180)-3-2.jpg

The less famous one
Polish replica of the Holy Lance, Wawel Hill, Krakow
Maurycy.jpg

A Holy Lance is conserved in Vagharshapat (previously known as Echmiadzin), the religious capital of Armenia.
Holy-lance-Echmiadzin.jpg

I actually read up on this a few months ago after seeing Constantine on television. The Wikipedia is an interesting read. Just like anything else on Wikipedia take it with a grain of salt.

If you look it up on Wikipedia there is a picture of the "real" one it's based on. There are three Churches that have relics of the Spear Of Destiny. They all admit theirs might not be real and are more symbolic. This one seems to be a favorite to use in the movies... it's definitely the most ornate of the three.

Holy Lance displayed in the Imperial Treasury at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria.
View attachment 1653302

The less famous one
Polish replica of the Holy Lance, Wawel Hill, Krakow
View attachment 1653303

A Holy Lance is conserved in Vagharshapat (previously known as Echmiadzin), the religious capital of Armenia.
View attachment 1653304

I actually read up on this a few months ago after seeing Constantine on television. The Wikipedia is an interesting read. Just like anything else on Wikipedia take it with a grain of salt.
Thanks for all these references. It's super interesting to see!

I've been working on mine and I have a favor to ask. Any chance I could see the back side of your Spear Of Destiny DaBuild? I can't find any pictures of the back of the Austrian one and I'm understandably how you did the wires on the other side. I guess I can do whatever I want as the back isn't visible, but it doesn't hurt to see how other people interpreted it. Again, Thank you for the templates!!!

I've been working on mine and I have a favor to ask. Any chance I could see the back side of your Spear Of Destiny DaBuild? I can't find any pictures of the back of the Austrian one and I'm understandably how you did the wires on the other side. I guess I can do whatever I want as the back isn't visible, but it doesn't hurt to see how other people interpreted it. Again, Thank you for the templates!!!
Hey man! The other side is basically a symetry. Same on both side. Just the weathering changes. Cheers!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back