'The Simpsons' in danger of being cancelled

It's had a good run. I know that the lady who does the voice of bart alienated some viewers with her support of various charities and even using the voice of bart for one of them. I always though Futurama was funnier.

I think the last time I watched was the 24 parody. It's impressive that it's lasted this long, but I don't think the quality has been there in a long time.

If it does finally go off the air I suppose Seth MacFarlane can crank out another show that's not funny to fill the timeslot.

THANK GOD!!!

I can not believe some of the garbage the simpsons has put out overt the last 10 or more years.

The simpsons was one of the well written shows ever to be produced, right up to about season 9. Truly wonderful stuff.

I dont know what happened after that, or maybe Greoing didntl give a crap any more, but seriously the whole thing changed.

Ive even heard Harry Shearer (sp?) condem the last ten years of its life!

I would love to know exactly what haoppened to it after season 9 ish...
Rant over!

Weequay

I'm one of those guys who only sticks with a series for about three seasons, and the Simpsons was one of those. Things usually start to get redundant and stale after about that time or the novelty wears off. Sorry to all the diehard fans, but that was a hell of a run.

I think I cursed myself with that (three season only) practice as my favorite recent series was axed a tad soon at the end if its third season. Guess which one? lol

Doug

I stopped watching after I got out of college, so that would've been around 2000. It was a funny show, but there's only so long you can keep a show like that fresh and entertaining. And besides, it's been 23 years. Nobody can keep a show going forever.

It's gotten a lot better in the last several seasons.

Fox wants to cut the voice talent salaries by 45%. I don't care who you are, no one's rolling over for that.

No way it's ever going to get cancelled. After all, this happens each time the actor's contract is about to be renegociated. I remember the exact same headlines from a few years ago. :rolleyes

The studio is making many, many, many, many times that from their efforts. They deserve their share.

While I quit watching years ago, because I felt it was trying to hard to be funny and failing, I would be pretty upset if someone was trying to cut my salary by that much.

It's a shame that it could end this way. I wish it could have ended years ago, when the writing was at it's best...on a high note.

It's gotten a lot better in the last several seasons.

Fox wants to cut the voice talent salaries by 45%. I don't care who you are, no one's rolling over for that.

Agreed. For many years it was pretty crappy. But the last couple seasons have been very good overall.

Oh darn, only 45% of $8 million per season. It would sure be hard to get by on a measly $4.4 million a year.

But to keep it in perspective, it's the longest running primetime, scripted television series. They have won 27 Emmy's, 27 Annie Awards, and a Peabody Award. I'd say they deserve their money.

Oops to late for that! :lol

I stoped watching after the 10 Season and check in on it about twice a year.

Man did they do some horrible stuff :unsure

I wish it could have ended years ago, when the writing was at it's best...on a high note.

I'm one of those that hasn't watched it in years, but it seems like like classic Fox wanting to cut it's nose off to spit it's face. They would rather rather make no money than only make a measly billion off the show.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back