The Shining Photo

Has anyone checked if there's a decent photo of the photo in the big "Stanley Kubrick Archives Book" ???

I have it, but I simply can't remember .. I'll check it tonight

Okay, I realise this post is a tad on the old side - but would anyone still have the 400 DPI version of this pic linked to earlier at metrografix (now sadly 404) that they could ipload and link to please?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for this guys! Was looking for this only last week on google... stupidly didn't even think to look here!

Best version that I've ever seen, attached. Not mine.

Attachments

• July 4th_zpsckrjo2su.jpg
    July 4th_zpsckrjo2su.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 499
For comparison's sake, here's the 400 dpi version, I think. Also not mine. Jack looks quite good, but the background is poor.

Attachments

• ShiningPicture400DPI.jpg
    ShiningPicture400DPI.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 339
Found the perfect frame, size and proportion wise, for the photo.

Mine is on the left, and a screenshot from the film is on the right:

JVmU3Lh.jpg

The frame, for anyone who wants to get one, is an 8 x 10" Multipurpose Basics frame by the brand Studio Decor. The only inaccuracy is that it's glossy whereas the one in the film seems to be matte, but that can easily be fixed. The proportions are perfect however, as you can see.

For the photo itself, I combined the file that Mike J. posted on May 7th that he called the best version he's ever seen (a few posts above this one), with an HD screenshot of a closeup of the photo for a higher quality Jack. Now, just as in the movie, Jack is in sharp focus with a lot of detail. If anyone would like this version, PM me. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by altering that file, although I don't know who originally created it.

Mine:

4slyKhS.jpg

When working on this I noticed something worth mentioning: The first, wider shot of the full photo and the zoomed-in final shot of the photo in that zoom-in sequence at the end of the film actually used at least two different photos -- The zoomed-out version (let's call it the full photo) has Jack's head slightly more tilted to our right and his shoulder is blocking more of the woman's hands than the final zoomed-in version (let's call it the closeup). The version I made and framed is the closeup, compare the above image of mine with the full photo version below:

QdExp3j.jpg

As you can see, more of the woman's fingers are blocked and Jack's head is a bit more ****** to the side.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back