The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

Is there going to be a kit released that doesn't include the grips preinstalled on a lower? I already have a Roman's saved for this build so I don't want an extra lower, and I'd like to do all the work myself.

Not at the moment. I asked about that myself when I put my order through and got a reply they are all installed on the lower.

Is there going to be a kit released that doesn't include the grips preinstalled on a lower? I already have a Roman's saved for this build so I don't want an extra lower, and I'd like to do all the work myself.
I'm waiting on that too. If these are constantly being made then no need to rush and get something that doesn't suit my needs. The kit looks great though.

Yes, don’t worry guys. [emoji1]

So these ones I posted yesterday were the small batch I had that were already assembled with the grips etc. I had less than 100 of these so I listed them yesterday until the large batch of inner clamps I’m owed arrives.

I have said already none of these are limited edition or anything so if anybody missed out yesterday, it’s just waiting a few more weeks for me to get the balance of what I’m owed.

I know people want to pre order and reserve one but that can be possible once I run out of the stock that I’m owed. This is my new procedure for my runs anyway.

So, if I make, say, 300 more kits and all 300 sell, then I’ll open a pre-order to produce the required amount after.

Yesterday, I listed a partial amount of the kits I had (less than 100) and I’m owed like 300. So if those 300 go when I get them soon, then I’ll open a pre order for more since they’ll need to go into production. Nice and easy [emoji3526]

Again, as I’ve said, no one misses out. If people are upset that they have to wait a few weeks, then I’m sorry about that, but I can’t do these things so fast. It takes some time. [emoji106]

This main batch will also be sent notified to all registered customers via email. [emoji41]

If people are upset that they have to wait a few weeks, then I’m sorry about that, but I can’t do these things so fast. It takes some time. [emoji106]

I've said several times previously and I'll say it again, I'm not concerned about waiting and I'm not upset about waiting. I've been buying props on the RPF for 18 years and I'm pretty familiar with pre-orders. I pre-ordered the Black Series Luke X-Wing helmet from EntertainmentEarth and waited 6 months for it to arrive, I pre-ordered the Black Series Boba Fett helmet from Walmart and waited 4 months for it to arrive. Currently I've pre-ordered the Black Series Beskar Armor Mandalorian action figure well over a month ago. Waiting doesn't upset me.

I just want to officially pre-order, go ahead and send my money in now and reserve my saber, and if it takes 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months for my saber to be ready and shipped that's fine. I don't want to fight the virtual crowds trying to get my order in when the next batch goes on sale. I want to pay now and know I've got one coming to me whenever it's ready. Seriously, whenever it's ready.

Have you though about posting an Interest list in the Junkyard and asking RPF'ers how many people are wanting to buy this saber from you? It might be good to know if it's 50 people or 150 people wanting to buy and ready to purchase, especially as it relates to future orders you put in for parts.

I've said several times previously and I'll say it again, I'm not concerned about waiting and I'm not upset about waiting. I've been buying props on the RPF for 18 years and I'm pretty familiar with pre-orders. I pre-ordered the Black Series Luke X-Wing helmet from EntertainmentEarth and waited 6 months for it to arrive, I pre-ordered the Black Series Boba Fett helmet from Walmart and waited 4 months for it to arrive. Currently I've pre-ordered the Black Series Beskar Armor Mandalorian action figure well over a month ago. Waiting doesn't upset me.

I just want to officially pre-order, go ahead and send my money in now and reserve my saber, and if it takes 6 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months for my saber to be ready and shipped that's fine. I don't want to fight the virtual crowds trying to get my order in when the next batch goes on sale. I want to pay now and know I've got one coming to me whenever it's ready. Seriously, whenever it's ready.

Have you though about posting an Interest list in the Junkyard and asking RPF'ers how many people are wanting to buy this saber from you? It might be good to know if it's 50 people or 150 people wanting to buy and ready to purchase, especially as it relates to future orders you put in for parts.

OK. Send me an email to the store on orders@thesaberarmory.com and I’ll manually create an order for you [emoji106]

Where and when?

On Khal’s FB page he said there would be more available in a few weeks. Since this is an unlimited run he’s going to keep producing them in batches.

They show as sold out on The Saber Armory website, but there’s a banner you can click in the product page to receive email notification when they’re back in stock.

On Khal’s FB page he said there would be more available in a few weeks. Since this is an unlimited run he’s going to keep producing them in batches.

They show as sold out on The Saber Armory website, but there’s a banner you can click in the product page to receive email notification when they’re back in stock.

Annnnd...I just replied to Danny and then read down and saw Khal’s message. So, yeah...what he said[emoji1312]

Annnnd...I just replied to Danny and then read down and saw Khal’s message. So, yeah...what he said[emoji1312]

Thanks anyway buddy, I still read it and followed your instructions ;)

I worked all day yesterday, well weekend.. so I didn’t have much internet time to realize

I’m ready for the next batch

Oh! And yes! In the main batch offering. Some will be offered without grips attached! Sorry, I forgot to mention that!
Will they still include the lower or no? As I said, I already have a Roman's saved for conversion so I really have no need for an extra lower.

So my KR kit arrived today and I love it! Beautiful engineering and craftsmanship. I’ve started to assemble it, starting with the clamp. As much as I like Khal’s solution for the dummy rivets, I decided I wanted something that looked closer to the prop, so I opted for 2.4mm pop rivets, which I glued in and sanded down, very happy with the results so far! Khal this kit is amazing! Thank you!

Attachments

• ACD3E643-8AA3-45DE-8E97-3634116EEE48.jpeg
    ACD3E643-8AA3-45DE-8E97-3634116EEE48.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 204
  • CC6E60F4-0549-460E-B84B-820788592E74.jpeg
    CC6E60F4-0549-460E-B84B-820788592E74.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 229
  • 5B3EC3A0-D062-4C73-8509-688C6975EC61.jpeg
    5B3EC3A0-D062-4C73-8509-688C6975EC61.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 233
  • E8D689F8-E446-4B1A-ABCA-E4CEDA007439.jpeg
    E8D689F8-E446-4B1A-ABCA-E4CEDA007439.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 232
  • 92B0464F-CCCB-4106-845C-D28D86D9143B.jpeg
    92B0464F-CCCB-4106-845C-D28D86D9143B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
  • 321909AA-1EA6-4362-9F7F-39D70057E6B4.jpeg
    321909AA-1EA6-4362-9F7F-39D70057E6B4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
  • 62019245-CD86-442F-832B-34748B82920B.jpeg
    62019245-CD86-442F-832B-34748B82920B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
So my KR kit arrived today and I love it! Beautiful engineering and craftsmanship. I’ve started to assemble it, starting with the clamp. As much as I like Khal’s solution for the dummy rivets, I decided I wanted something that looked closer to the prop, so I opted for 2.4mm pop rivets, which I glued in and sanded down, very happy with the results so far! Khal this kit is amazing! Thank you!

Looks amazing!
Replacing the rivets to the real ones was a good call there.

I wonder if the real prop used a similar J-lock system or used the exposed rivets to hold the tubes and the clamp together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back