The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

I'm not going to lie, this is my fear.

khal1993 is making an amazing replica of this saber and his attention to detail and making parts kits available is really something special. I really, really want to purchase his replica and proudly display it in my collection.

Because his sabers are so great, he has a huge following: the RPF, Facebook, his website, Youtube, etc... My fear is that when he puts this saber up for sale, it's going to be 150 sabers or 300 sabers and he's going to announce to go to his site and order and it's going to be a mad-dash from all sides to make the purchase.

I'm not worried his site will crash, I'm worried he isn't going to offer these directly here on the RPF giving us here a chance to order directly from him. I know he doesn't like to do pre-orders and I respect that, but I'd be ecstatic if he had a For Sale here on the RPF when these sabers are ready where he gives his payment info and we can send our payments in because he's got a saber for each of us ready to ship.

khal1993 is making an amazing replica of this saber and his attention to detail and making parts kits available is really something special. I really, really want to purchase his replica and proudly display it in my collection.

Because his sabers are so great, he has a huge following: the RPF, Facebook, his website, Youtube, etc... My fear is that when he puts this saber up for sale, it's going to be 150 sabers or 300 sabers and he's going to announce to go to his site and order and it's going to be a mad-dash from all sides to make the purchase.

I'm not worried his site will crash, I'm worried he isn't going to offer these directly here on the RPF giving us here a chance to order directly from him. I know he doesn't like to do pre-orders and I respect that, but I'd be ecstatic if he had a For Sale here on the RPF when these sabers are ready where he gives his payment info and we can send our payments in because he's got a saber for each of us ready to ship.

No need to be concerned. :)

These are items I will continue to make. I’m not sure if you followed the Kylo fiasco, but essentially what happened was they sold out so fast it crashed the WooCommerce store. Lots of people were upset. Rightly so.

So, I spent the entire month of May, 6-7 hours a day whilst still running the business to rebuild an entirely new store on Shopify so the site would never crash again. It’s worked great! So, no more site crashes.

I also changed my strong views toward pre orders because I now realise how the business and interest has grown that I’ll never really be able to determine the exact amount of stuff I need to make. Because of that, whenever something sells out fast, I’ll make it again and the second time round will have a pre order so people can buy without worrying about missing out. Will it take a little longer? Yes. But, you’re guaranteed one.

If that works well for everyone then great! But, due to the customer base that I have, it would be an admin nightmare to take individual payments and send individual invoices here on the RPF, than to just offer them on my store where everything is tracked properly.

Either way, no one will miss out. They just may end up waiting a bit longer than others to get their kit. ;)

Hopefully this helps!

Khal

At least he acknowledged in the video that it's a continuous kit he'll be producing.

edit:
lol beat me so hard

Been waiting for this kit for such a long time, can hardly believe it's almost here. Got a MB-Sabers plastic chassis (with metal crystal chamber fins) all lined up to go into a TGS replica that's been waiting on the shelf for this kit to be installed. Sooooonnnnn

So great!!!
But how much longer for the full saber with burns?
I thought I would just get a kit and put it on a Romans but... I dont trust myself to do those burns.
And it really completes the saber, like weathering on a ROTJ V2.

also thanks for reassuring us we all get a shot.
As usual I'm almost always out of hobby money when new sabers come out.

It's definitley a huge improvemnt for the customer experience, but man, I had like over 1000 SKU's and to do this all in a month was like the biggest challenge, but I'm so thankful now. Was all worth it :)
It's always that minutiae of small improvements that's the worst to do but makes things better in the long run. Never easy, lol.

and of course, i currently have zero funding for hobby stuff.
I hope these are kept in stock. Fingers crossed!

Congrats to everyone who got one. I look forward to see what you all do with them.

Lost track of time and saw the full kits were sold out, thankfully I signed up for notifications on the next batch. They look incredible, congrats to everyone that was able to score one!

All sold out. I checked every corner of the site but didn’t see where to ore-order. Bummer, pretty much how I expected. I’m less concerned about getting a saber in a week, a month, or even 6 months- I just want to pay and reserve my spot and know I’ve got one headed my way, sooner or later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back