The Predalien...

I think if you read the entire article and then the comments on it there is a post by "Chet" and it is the best to help clear some things up from person who likes the Predalien. Read the article first then all comments and that helps Chets comment make good sense. I agree with a bunch of what he said.

Eric

Chet points out some of the main reasons I liked the predalien. Till I read that I was going to comment but he covers everything I would have said.

you say that your not a fan of the alien taking on characteristics of its host but thats what they do and it makes sense

I'm still bugged by the fact that the aliens that the Predalien mama injected into the humans all come out looking like normal aliens.
Shouldn't they still look a little bit like the Mother? u know with Predalien features?

Think about the Predalien like a Queen Alien. All aliens look like the mother except for Predalien....

I pretty much agreed with the whole article and comments. The predalien was a silly concept, and the whole impregnating thing was a really really lame concept. How is that even possible, did the predalien juices dissolve the baby inside the mother and then re atomize ( couldn't think of a better word) particles so that the human mother becomes a hatchery of vary fast growing aliens.

I actually like the predalien. The biggest things that I would like to see changed are it not to have dreads and not skin its prey. Those two things are the only thing that bothered me about it.

As for the hatchery thing... Well maybe with the predalien queen, since that what she was supposed to be supposedly, she injected chest bursters directly? They in turn need to eat to gain size alla the cat and such on the first alien and going off the AVP games. The chestbursters eat the baby already in the womb and then are ready to burst? Sounds reasonable. I mean as reasonable as you can sound when talking about aliens and predators in the first place lol.. :)

I have to say I agree with every point in that article. Overall, I think AVP:R was good, but with some simple and basic changes (a few of the ones mentioned in the article, too)... AVP R could have been excellent.

I have to say I agree with every point in that article. Overall, I think AVP:R was good, but with some simple and basic changes (a few of the ones mentioned in the article, too)... AVP R could have been excellent.

Amen, sista!

AVP-R was a great excuse to put alot of good scenes (okay, and many more sucky ones) together in 90 minutes with no logic to them. (I mean, what WAS the timeframe of AVP-R? 1 day? 2? 3 maybe? lol...)

While I like the design of the Pred-alien, I wonder what other crap they're gonna give us in the next film....

I got one for you to stew on...

We know ow the Aliens make egg's and then the face hugger then the chest buster then the alien...

What do we know about Predators... NOTHING! So here's one for ya!

Maybe Preds breed that way "injecting egg's/sperm with there vagina mouths" and none of you know this because the man took it to his grave and only the people with the rights to the movie have the actual story behind the Preds... What makes everyone think that preds breed the way humans do? Why is it that Humans are so narrow minded that they only think the way you reproduce is sticking your D@#k into something? Fish don't "not all I believe I'm not a pro @ knowing all fish in the sea"... and a few other creatures on this planet don't have actual intercourse to reproduce... Like Coral!

As for the aliens that the Predalien produces... They don't look different, every single Alien has looked different when it use's a diff host then a human, as for them still looking like Aliens well the Alien DNA is a virus that is perfect for any environment even space so the initial half breed looks very diff but as the breeding continues "even shown in the past Alien movies" The Aliens when using a human as a host they look like the Alien were all used to seeing, but if the Predalien was to impregnate a pregnant dog or cow it would take on those traits...

So to some up... If the Predalien was to impregnate another Pred it would look like the Predalien... not just a full blooded Alien...

But also note that there are Soldier Aliens and they look diff even when produced from a human...

"Now this is just my opinion"

The whole Alien series got mucked up with ALIEN 3. Where'd that egg come from and why was it upside down?
I could have a believed that a face hugger hitched a ride with big mama for a revenge fight, but 2 of them in the EEV?
Now I'm gonna get started on how the whole EEV sytem in the Sulaco made absolutely no sense from an engineers POV.
And the fact that the stasis pods look entirely different ... makes it easy for me to believe it was just a dream.

I really enjoyed ALIEN, ALIENS, Predator and Predator 2. With the event of comic books taking over films (sheesh) or the lack of real writing talent and/or imagination, we are left with this half-assed franchise. Most of us fell in love with the original characters, leading us to build models, build and wear costumes and collect cool (and sometimes cheesy) merchandise...

I actually liked Aliens 3 (at least the Director's Cut, which is the only version I've seen of it). And even Alien Resurrection... :) But I am not that nitpicky when it comes to movies. They might include all kinds of odd little flaws that I completely fail to perceive.

...Which I suppose is understandable, as I loved Signs.

I've never been a fan of ADI's redesign of the Alien. Too fleshy and soft-looking as far as I'm concerned. Especially the big, fatass mutant hands they saw fit to give the Aliens. Sure, whatever their purpose in Alien 4... ok.. I don't care. It was a horrible movie, but I'm sure the creature suits were a result of the story and director. But why still use the suits and suit parts? The big clumsy hands and the soft looking bodies... come on, that's not an Alien. Steve Wang is a master sculptor, but the suit was too organic and not enough machine. The mouth was too big and overly animated. What is it with ADI and making stuff like that way too big it's almost comical with WAY too much movement? That's not realistic.. that's silly. Could I do better? Probably not, but that's not the point. The point is that when you "compromise" your work to the point where it looks cheap, and more like a man in a suit then it's time to take a step back. Portraying the Pred-Alien as a hulking mass was a bad idea.

I don't like the Pred-Alien not because of fan-dork discussions about DNA reflex theories and the like, but because I thought it looked cheap on screen. The coloration was a bad idea, too. ADI is capable of great things... hell, the only reason I liked Alien 3 was because of the Alien itself. While most of you may not like the movie itself, it's a great representation of the creature in design and appearance. So what the hell happened between then and now? Seriously.

(I mean, what WAS the timeframe of AVP-R? 1 day? 2? 3 maybe? lol...)

Seriously, I think was less than a full night.... maybe a little over 20 hours if that on the long end.

"What makes everyone think that preds breed the way humans do? Why is it that Humans are so narrow minded that they only think the way you reproduce is sticking your D@#k into something?"

Well, I for one hope that Predators mate the same way humans do... but that's my own personal fantasy fullfillment.... Seriously, though.. If you accept the publish novels as actual "fact", it is heavily mentioned, especially in PREY that the Yautja do reproduce the same way as humans.

It *is* possible reproduce in a similar fashion as what we saw in AVP R with the PredAlien, but I personally hope that is not the case. Does not seem very enjoyable.

I got one for you to stew on...

We know ow the Aliens make egg's and then the face hugger then the chest buster then the alien...

What do we know about Predators... NOTHING! So here's one for ya!

Maybe Preds breed that way "injecting egg's/sperm with there vagina mouths" and none of you know this because the man took it to his grave and only the people with the rights to the movie have the actual story behind the Preds... What makes everyone think that preds breed the way humans do? Why is it that Humans are so narrow minded that they only think the way you reproduce is sticking your D@#k into something? Fish don't "not all I believe I'm not a pro @ knowing all fish in the sea"... and a few other creatures on this planet don't have actual intercourse to reproduce... Like Coral!

As for the aliens that the Predalien produces... They don't look different, every single Alien has looked different when it use's a diff host then a human, as for them still looking like Aliens well the Alien DNA is a virus that is perfect for any environment even space so the initial half breed looks very diff but as the breeding continues "even shown in the past Alien movies" The Aliens when using a human as a host they look like the Alien were all used to seeing, but if the Predalien was to impregnate a pregnant dog or cow it would take on those traits...

So to some up... If the Predalien was to impregnate another Pred it would look like the Predalien... not just a full blooded Alien...

But also note that there are Soldier Aliens and they look diff even when produced from a human...

"Now this is just my opinion"

Valid points but why would the cover their groin region then if there is nothing there of consequence?

Valid points but why would the cover their groin region then if there is nothing there of consequence?

Why would the big alien in Star Trek VI NOT keep his utilities covered? Was he just being perverted? I do agree, though about the Yautja... I mean, I suppose man did construct them in his own image, but *if* they were real, I think they would keep their anatomy much the same way as other humanoids that we know.

All I can say, is get all the info. you can on the subject, and then make an educated decision... This idiot, didn't read any of the books, tpbs, novels or comics... he just went on what "He" thought, he saw in the movies, and action figures... Read all of the written materials about the Aliens, and the Predators, and you'll find that they (the writters) have laid it out pretty well.

Yeah, I don't know... You shouldn't have to do freakin' research to enjoy a few movies properly, in my opinion. You should get to know all the fact in what you're watching, and not something on the side; Watching the Alien movies alone should tell you what's going on. But that's just my opinion, and I am an idiot, after all (there's several factors pointing at this... just read a few posts of mine.)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back