The Predalien...

Yeah, I don't know... You shouldn't have to do freakin' research to enjoy a few movies properly, in my opinion. You should get to know all the fact in what you're watching, and not something on the side; Watching the Alien movies alone should tell you what's going on. But that's just my opinion, and I am an idiot, after all (there's several factors pointing at this... just read a few posts of mine.)

No, I think you are right. For a movie to be good...ANY movie, regardless of if it is Alien, Predator, Watchmen, frikkin Black Beauty or Notebook, you should be able to come into it doing ZERO "research" on the subject, and be able to understand who's who, what's what, and what the hell is going on. You might have to be able to stretch your mind a bit and accept some things that might seem a little odd to you, but all in all, movies should be able to be enjoyed by everyone with no previous knowledge of what's going on. Usually the first few minutes, or credit roll is done in such a way to bring the audience up to speed of what kind of world you are in and what type of events are taking place.

What this thread is about is not watching the movie. In my opinion, you can watch AVP R and enjoy it to some degree if you are looking for a fun flick to watch with some popcorn.

This thread is more about the deeper stuff, the canon that goes beyond the screen. The "geek" stuff. For that, it does involve research, reading, watching, and a little imagination. But to just go watch the movie is something totally different, and you do not need to know all the canon to enjoy the film.

Happy that someone agrees with me on something. Doesn't happen all that often.

What this thread is about is not watching the movie. In my opinion, you can watch AVP R and enjoy it to some degree if you are looking for a fun flick to watch with some popcorn.

That's what people call ''Popcorn entertainment'', isn't it? I might be wrong, but that's what I have picked up, at least.

This thread is more about the deeper stuff, the canon that goes beyond the screen. The "geek" stuff. For that, it does involve research, reading, watching, and a little imagination. But to just go watch the movie is something totally different, and you do not need to know all the canon to enjoy the film.

I suppose.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back