The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Card stock

Hey all. Loving what I've seen here on the site so far. Planning on using pep to build my own set of iron man armor and perhaps a war machine set as well.

What I'm wondering is where can I get the recommended 110 lb card stock sheets from? And what about printing it? Will any printer work fine or do I need a special setup for it?

I'm located in Calgary, Canada and I'm hoping to have at least one if not both sets of armor built to wear at comic con here on April 27-29

Thanks in advance!

Re: Card stock

in my case use 1mm thick cardboard, print the file on A4 paper (normal printer) and then transfer it with carbon paper to cardboard

Hey all. Loving what I've seen here on the site so far. Planning on using pep to build my own set of iron man armor and perhaps a war machine set as well.

What I'm wondering is where can I get the recommended 110 lb card stock sheets from? And what about printing it? Will any printer work fine or do I need a special setup for it?

I'm located in Calgary, Canada and I'm hoping to have at least one if not both sets of armor built to wear at comic con here on April 27-29

Thanks in advance!

Hey I'm also making an Ironman costume! I'm in Vancouver and I went and got some 110lb stock from Michaels, the arts and craft place. I'm from the UK but I'm assuming they're a Canada wide store? 250 sheets cost roughly $25, I heard a whole costume takes about 500 pages?

I have a very new printer which does photos really well. It's one of those that feed from the front and it feeds it back through inside, ya know? So it can print on both sides of a page on its own. I was worried because I didn't think it would work with the thick card. I thought the card might get jammed or stuck while feeding it though, but everything came out perfect. I guess because it takes thick photo paper so well it was fine with the cardstock? I dunno.

Best of luck with the build, anyway!

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if you have Walmart's around, but any store like Walmart should have it. It sounds heavy duty, but it's really nothing thicker than say a greeting card would be printed on. No, you won't need any special printer settings. Just go into properties and under paper type, select A4 and you're good to go.

canusracing - do you normally use A4 sized paper, or US Letter? The US Wal-Marts carry 110lb card stock in 150-sheet packs for $5, and I'd imagine that the ones in Canadianaland would probably have the same. Just be warned that you'll need to make sure your paper size matches the way your Pepakura files are laid out, or nothing's going to print right. I spent a lot of time rearranging stuff to Letter size from the A4 layouts.

If by normally you mean when printing card stock, I've not gotten anything done yet. As for printing in general, most of what I've done is 8.5" x 11". Standard letter size. Would a4 be a better choice for peping?

Whats already out?!?

I jumped in today and search a little bit in the web for Pepakura... Maybe I want to try it... But I think its a good idea to start with something easy... Im not the biggest Ironman Fan and I think a SW helmet is not a good idea, too.

I want something easy, yes, but i should be worth the money to try it and it should be 1:1.

Are the files working for me, if I print it on A4 and not on normale US sizes?!?

I would say you could try one of my Mortal Kombat files that I have on the Tamasoft Pepakura Gallery. They have a short amount of pages and easy to build except the MK9 Scorpion Masks.

no matter what i do i can get the pep software to download or work
any ideas
my computer is a imac could that be the problem

no matter what i do i can get the pep software to download or work
any ideas
my computer is a imac could that be the problem
If you are trying to install any Tamasoft Pepakura programs on a Mac, than that is certainly the problem. Tamasoft's products are only compatible with Windows.

ive used a laptop with windows now its saying cant open because the file isnt suited for windows. is it me or is there alot of people hgaving problems like this makes me want to give up even before ive printed it out

Last edited:
Must be something your doing or your settings. I just had to reinstall after my HD tanked on my Laptop. Installed in about 2min worked perfect.

ive used a laptop with windows now its saying cant open because the file isnt suited for windows. is it me or is there alot of people hgaving problems like this makes me want to give up even before ive printed it out
Did you try opening the file from its location on the disk or have you tried opening the file through Pepakura Viewer or Designer?

I just got a new PC and had the same problem. Didn't happen when I installed the software on my laptop.

You have to right click on the .pdo file, select 'open with', and then select 'choose default program'. If you see Pepakura Designer or Viewer in the choice of software provided, then select one or the other. If you don't see either Pepakura Designer or Viewer in the given choices, click 'browse', and then find the exe file in your hard disk(usually drive C).

You have to look for the folder 'tamasoftware' to find the Pepakura Designer or Viewer .exe file.

Good luck!

Pepakura Resining

I've just recently made a daft punk pepakura helmet, and I haven't really been planning to make it into a serious build but i do want some idea's on how i should Resin it, links to site which sell it, what specifically i'm looking for, i really know nothing about it.
The helmet so far is made of paper

Re: Pepakura Resining

Just standard Fiberglass resin, make sure you're wearing protective gloves, and a respirator mask. You'll need chip brushes, mix up the resin with a ratio of 12:1, 12 drops of hardener to 1 ounce of resin some resin makers can use a different ratio so be sure to check the instructions, mix it up in a container, for a helmet you probably won't need more than about 4-6 ounces of resin for the outside. Once you mix the resin and hardener just brush it on the outside of the paper helmet. I usually just slowly pour the resin over the item while I'm brushing so I don't waste time while the resin is curing in the container.

Re: Pepakura Resining

I've just recently made a daft punk pepakura helmet, and I haven't really been planning to make it into a serious build but i do want some idea's on how i should Resin it, links to site which sell it, what specifically i'm looking for, i really know nothing about it.
The helmet so far is made of paper

I think PepMaster pretty much took care of this one, and considering he has been around a lot longer I am not going to try and pretend I know what I am talking about :wacko but fiberglassing is pretty straight forward and easy. I actually just started the fiberglass on my Master Chief suit a few days ago and while I have made a few mistakes, there is not much to it. just YouTube "how to fiberglass" and do what PepMaster said and you'll be fine

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back