The Parts of Star Wars - Found Part Fridays - ROTJ E-11 NEW discoveries!

Found parts Friday!

So here you go…

I have been able to match a real world found part to the section of the ESB Snowspeeder cannon.

That found part is a slide tray from a slide machine (Remember slide night, children of the 70’s?). The tray i have found that appears to be a match is the Hanimex Rondex 120 Slide Rotary Carousel Magazine. It is possible other makers made the same size tray in various countries.

1657147200862.jpeg

1657147257336.png

1657147373139.png

Nice find! I am not ready to add a t-47 speeder to my list, but if I get there, I am that much further along!
Cool to see how these things were pieced together.

Yeah a full size snowspeeder is a little out of range of what I have display space for. So would people who collect slide projectors be the same people that collect cameras or are we going to be p*ssing off a whole other group again? :lol:

tangent:
That was an enjoyable exchange on FB with that guy with the IG-ish head who clearly had no idea what authority he was dealing with. :lol:
I saw it after it was locked or I would have said so.

tangent:
That was an enjoyable exchange on FB with that guy with the IG-ish head who clearly had no idea what authority he was dealing with. :lol:
I saw it after it was locked or I would have said so.
LOL. That guy blocked me.
He just couldn't accept that the can he was selling was a little off. Still a nice piece. Weird over reaction and denial.

Found parts Friday!

So here you go…

I have been able to match a real world found part to the section of the ESB Snowspeeder cannon.

That found part is a slide tray from a slide machine (Remember slide night, children of the 70’s?). The tray i have found that appears to be a match is the Hanimex Rondex 120 Slide Rotary Carousel Magazine. It is possible other makers made the same size tray in various countries.

View attachment 1595425

View attachment 1595426
View attachment 1595427
Martin Bower used a few of these to build space stations for BBC shows.

Ok, so inevitably I have started the build. I found one of the slide carousels and what I believe is a correct switch from the rear co-pilot controls. So I am really closing in on this. My problem now is, if I make it a snowspeeder, there is more reference, but I live in an area that never gets snow. Also, the other 99.98% of the craft.

Ok, so inevitably I have started the build. I found one of the slide carousels and what I believe is a correct switch from the rear co-pilot controls. So I am really closing in on this. My problem now is, if I make it a snowspeeder, there is more reference, but I live in an area that never gets snow. Also, the other 99.98% of the craft.
The fist step into a much larger universe......:)

Willing to share a pic of your co pilot control switch? i am gathering some good parts for my build so far...

Yes, of course, happy to share.
We need to start a new thread so as not to drag this off topic. It would obviously crush this thread with hundreds of posts!
Meanwhile, tomorrow is Friday! Yeah! Looking forward to a new discovery and the start of a new build…

I think the group for the "Full-Sized Snowspeeder Builders" is a small one. We should be okay.
My wife has already veto'd me making one.
Wishing I would have seen this earlier, after Hurricane Ida I tossed about 10 of these, because the slides got water damaged from my parents house

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back