The OT stunt lightsaber blades research thread

Its also neat that some of the call sheets and video show these changing length- flickering blades he talks about and the round blade testing. I dont doubt they experimented with square blades and then were tasked with swordfighting with them and that probably put a kink in the spinning blades with corners

I have found a better version of this picture, at least better than the pics I've seen. I forgot the ANH Stunt Gx had grips with sections cut out for the switch. Also...

IT HAD THE BEER TAB. I think.

I'm still dealing with the damaged blades and the cast hilt, trying to get some more info out of this shot

WarehouseHamillProwse.jpg

Woah! Nice find there! Lots more detail than I've seen before

I see a beer tab too!!

Now that you show it, I can see a line here below the button indicating a beer tab:
1613526276570.png

(Hut stunt)

But hold on a second...
dvanh_stunt.jpg

Surely a tab would be visible here?

.... Maybe the black nose stunt really is a second stunt?

I never really looked too closely at the blades before on that pic honestly - but jeez those things are beat up!

Last edited:
I was gonna say when I saw the first pic

“Tom youre drunk!!”

Then when I saw the second pic I put my foot in my mouth

Incredible find tom!! This is historic to me!!

I still may be drunk.

There's gaff tape on the neck of that other one, I'm sure now. I bet the hilt needed to be stationary for proper fencing exercises thats all

That second one, the black tipped stunt, has a red button that appears a bit off center. Could be the one with the gigantic hole that we saw off center in the ESB Doc.

I still may be drunk.

There's gaff tape on the neck of that other one, I'm sure now. I bet the hilt needed to be stationary for proper fencing exercises thats all

That second one, the black tipped stunt, has a red button that appears a bit off center. Could be the one with the gigantic hole that we saw off center in the ESB Doc.

We must be drinking the same thing, I noticed the g tape right away as well..

A lot of lead in the water here lol hardest stuff I drink

Speaking of drinking.. took me all afternoon to find this damn thread

I’ll blame it on the head injury.. holy crap what a struggle to remember where this was

I’ve been waiting all day to say..

With tape on the V3 here.. this makes me believe even more this emitter spun during ANH..

Speaking of drinking.. took me all afternoon to find this damn thread

I’ll blame it on the head injury.. holy crap what a struggle to remember where this was

I’ve been waiting all day to say..

With tape on the V3 here.. this makes me believe even more this emitter spun during ANH..
I saw you posted here (only seeing you r avatar on the front page) and was wondering how you have been doing?

Ah yes - good point! These are the antenna blades now so probably not a nipple. Got excited there for a minute lol

From what I understand, the nipple was pretty unique to the V2. It may have the reduced upper section to go into a blade or something as the inner collar, we don't really know. I know there are marks on the top of the V2 nipple as well...

The Shared stunt probably had an adaptor too of some sort. Maybe this is a collar we're seeing ontop of a solid emitter face? Maybe it's an adaptor sitting in a hole like the V2?

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 12.30.14 PM.png
v3 14.png

I have a theory about the nipple on the V3 in the b/w still from ROtJ (Vader holding saber on Endor before his dialogue with Luke). I think the nipple was used to hold the prop together. And I habe a gut feeling the nipple on the V2 serves the same purpose.

The marks on the face of the V2 nipple makes me believe they're "burn" marks or some kind of heat discoloration, possibly from when the d/s was cut down for when it became a belt-hanger for RotJ.

It surely isn't paint considering what its function was (something for another thing to sit on or over it---though at this stage, I don't believe there's any evidence to support the nipple was fitted into anything), and the motor is not powerful enough to cause enough friction between the nipple and whatever sat on top of it to make them; the marks also wouldn't be a near perfect line cutting across the surface.

I also brought this up in my research thread (at least, I think I did) but the collar/plug set-up for the antennae blades is first) the plug for the d/s-central rod to fit into to secure the blade to the hilt; and second) the collar on the outside is likely to keep the base of the blade from splitting. I had this happen on my V3 stunt when I was playing around with it to test some ideas, and wound up having to cut my blade shorter (for the better) after the base had split from the plug.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back