The OT stunt lightsaber blades research thread

Here is a pic of the vintage clamp on my original blank and how it looks underneath.
A67C31AC-9C9F-492B-8A6C-2F805A980336.jpeg

8A5A9F0E-B0EF-4C4F-A8D1-1DD88C9DEA3F.jpeg
0AF317C1-37A9-4B8C-89E6-1455E5316123.jpeg

Weird that it lost its clamp, and then it was replaced! Unless that clamp with the holes is original to ANH which I doubt
I think you may be confused tom.. where else did we see a clamp less v3 in esb? Everything I’ve seen in ESB is the warehouse stunt

I think you may be confused tom.. where else did we see a clamp less v3 in esb? Everything I’ve seen in ESB is the warehouse stunt
Hmm. The clamp on the v3 today was sourced from an ESB Graflex, so it's not original.

I'm trying to timeline out clamps here because it might be a good way to tell them apart in ANH.

Hmm. The clamp on the v3 today was sourced from an ESB Graflex, so it's not original.

I'm trying to timeline out clamps here because it might be a good way to tell them apart in ANH.
That is a theory though and OT a fact, we have yet to find a ESB photo of a graflex with matching holes

the clamp has to come off to remove the motor.. maybe the clamp that went back was a different one?

it’s like the owl from the tootsies pop commercial “the world may never know”

Here is a pic of the vintage clamp on my original blank and how it looks underneath.
View attachment 1494075
View attachment 1494076View attachment 1494077
Thanks! That cast is really cool to see.... all the pockmarks and wonkiness. I can even see those vertical lines from the wooden buck!
That is a theory though and OT a fact, we have yet to find a ESB photo of a graflex with matching holes

the clamp has to come off to remove the motor.. maybe the clamp that went back was a different one?

it’s like the owl from the tootsies pop commercial “the world may never know”
Ah, okay, that's a fair point. The bolt I IDed in Empire on the front of the saber is above the clamp.

so we have pictures of the "other stunts" in ANH with clamps on them?

Thanks! That cast is really cool to see.... all the pockmarks and wonkiness. I can even see those vertical lines from the wooden buck!

Ah, okay, that's a fair point. The bolt I IDed in Empire on the front of the saber is above the clamp.

so we have pictures of the "other stunts" in ANH with clamps on them?
Correct, v3 and death saber 100% have clamps

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back