The OT stunt lightsaber blades research thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a plot hole that I wanted to discuss.

We are looking at the V3 in the warehouse (and probably the throne room and BTS in the carbon chamber) and in the warehouse the blades are FX blades.

Why would the V3 have an FX blade if it never spun?

And ill remind folks I dont think they swapped blades, the V2 blade had to be cut off anyway.

Im guessing also the V2 had practice time and thags how it got beat up.. we just have no documentation of it? Or is the warehouse with the FX blade the V2? That cant be!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Isn't the V3 blade in the warehouse/studio space the vader blade? Beyond trying to match blades, the V2 most definitely swapped blades as Peter Diamond himself recounts, along with a number of others, in Empire of Dreams (if I recall). Not to mention the photos of it having a round blade and then a tapered and square blade.

I'm assuming it had the blade exactly because they could be swapped. No one exactly cared what they used for these at this point...or any, for that matter.

LOM

I know this image has been analyzed a million times but I don't recall what was settled on - I still think this is the V3? (Though I am working on writing up a new theory that I'll post in the V3 theory thread when sometime soon, so I may be a bit biased)

2 321518_14.jpg

Probably would have been easier to tell the team responsible for making the blades to make 'x' number of blades that are the same rather than "OK we need this many special effects blades, and this many without reflective material for rehearsal"

But I'll also echo PPP, I do remember someone bringing it up that the blade the ESB rehearsal pics was very similar to the Barbican blade in length and taper

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They are so similar that there aren't many clear tells as to what that particular hilt is. I will say that I echo Brandon A in that I do believe that the V2 was used for the majority of filming ANH, particularly in this sequence.

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is very good, I agree it is probably true they made most blades to be swapped, or a universal fit

So i should move to the v3 theory thread for this.