"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

Dolly Parton posted on FB and said they used technology to make her look young.

5EF04F0A-73C1-4228-A269-1276D1988641.jpeg

From SDCC:

“At today’s San Diego Comic-Con panel for The Orville: New Horizons, the show’s Emmy award-winning actor, writer, director and producer Seth MacFarlane announced that all three seasons of the Emmy-nominated, fan favorite sci-fi series will be available to stream on Disney+ starting on August 10. The epic space adventure series will also continue to stream on Hulu”.

From SDCC:

“At today’s San Diego Comic-Con panel for The Orville: New Horizons, the show’s Emmy award-winning actor, writer, director and producer Seth MacFarlane announced that all three seasons of the Emmy-nominated, fan favorite sci-fi series will be available to stream on Disney+ starting on August 10. The epic space adventure series will also continue to stream on Hulu”.
I don't care about streaming, they'd better release season 3 on DVD though.

From SDCC:

Series 1 and 2 and series 3 so far with weekly new releases are already on Disney+ UK.

International Disney+ has a different schedule than in the U.S. For example, my brother can watch Tomorrowland in Canada but I can’t here.
I had a similar problem when I wanted to watch Flight of the Navigator last Christmas, it wasn't on Disney+ UK despite it being a Disney bought/owned film in the USA, fortunately Amazon Prime had it for free.

I enjoyed the episode. Going to just throw out some random thoughts.

Commander Grayson is a badass. If this show is coming to an end, I look forward to whatever Adrianne Palicki does next.

I liked Gordon’s outburst about how they always tiptoe around Moclan ways.

This season the show has really gone almost completely towards the dramatic side. The comic elements that were so prevalent in earlier seasons is practically gone. I’m not sure if I think the show is better for that, but it’s certainly different. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss some of Macfarlane’s brand of humor.

Did I detect some…romantic inklings…between Kelly and Bortus?

Not sure if I’m happy Klyden is back. I’m glad he’s had a change of heart and wants to be in Topa’s life, but he is by far my least favorite character in the show and I was glad when he left.

With Moclus out of the Union, it will be interesting to see how that pans out. I’m almost wondering if before the final vote, the Kaylons will launch an offensive and force the two sides to unite for one final defensive.

Another fantastic episode.
Some key points.
  • The vfx are great and despite my lack of fondness for the small fighters with the clunky steering wheels and dopey helmets, the dog fight scenes were tense and visually interesting without being too confusing.
  • The skydive was an interesting aspect and something we haven't seen in The Orville before.
  • I really don't like the horribly twee scenes of Gordon singing and having Charly join him didn't make it any better.
  • Speaking of Charly, she has probably been my least favourite character, her constant surly attitude hasn't made me warm to her, she lacks of any depth beyond being bitter about the loss of her friend/potential partner. Granted she did redeem herself at the end of the episode but I found there wasn't much emotional resonance as I didn't warm to her during the season. This is the first thing I've seen the actress in and she doesn't seem to have a great range.
Overall another really enjoyable episode and it's disappointing knowing the series hasn't been renewed yet as there is so much potential especially with the show being on Hulu and having the ability to tell longer stories in single episodes.

As for previous comments on the fly-by or corridor walking scenes.
I'd take a 72 minute episode of fly-by beauty shots over a 5 second clip of a certain character from another sci-fi franchise that think's it is Star Trek, crying all the time or forced changes to established characters that make no sense and are only there to serve the showrunners need to make their mark or irritate fans.

I was surprised to learn that there is only one more episode left. I was really surprised about the fate of a couple of characters but if there isn't going to be anymore seasons it sort of makes sense.

Last edited:
Dolly Parton posted on FB and said they used technology to make her look young.

View attachment 1600773

Dolly is a living legend. One of the few people on this planet who I would love to meet.

...but...

What was up with those eyebrows?

Them pants rrrridin' up on hight. ***See Pic***

and if you are gonna pretend to play the gueetar, please learn to fret a chord

If Bortus and Grayson get it on, that would be a crazy twist.

Torturing kids...DANG! I hope Mr One Ey...er, No Eyes can't even remember his name.

The show is definitely going all out in every direction. I don't feel like they have to worry about budget, or topic...YEAH!!!

Attachments

• Loopner.jpg
    Loopner.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 42

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back