"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

I'm wondering what this will look like because not too long ago Adrianne Palicki was on the Inside of You podcast and she pretty much said she and a lot of the others were done with the show. Now maybe they can throw a ton of money at them or something, but it didn't sound like they were happy with the experience.

TBH I wasn’t as impressed with the 3rd season as I was 1 & 2. They were more fun and when the show went to Hulu they took advantage of dropping the filters and using language that hadn’t been used before, which seemed out of place.

The biggest draw of the Orville was it was telling Trek stories when no one else really was. Now that Picard has shown that Trek can still do Trek, it seems the Orville has been forgotten about. Insert meme of guy looking at another girl here.
I thought the biggest draw was the GalaxyQuest style witty humor, dialogue and commentary. When it went all serious, I was like... nah. I already have Trek for serious Trek. I don't need another serious Trek. I need humorous Trek that pokes fun at itself while still telling good stories.

I feel like the writers of Lower Decks understand that need.

I thought the biggest draw was the GalaxyQuest style witty humor, dialogue and commentary. When it went all serious, I was like... nah. I already have Trek for serious Trek. I don't need another serious Trek. I need humorous Trek that pokes fun at itself while still telling good stories.

I feel like the writers of Lower Decks understand that need.
We no longer need to fear the banana!

At this point, it's hard to know if it's actually going to be made even though it's been announced. I recently read that Disney has lost at least 11 Billion (that's right, with a B, and i've read it's been at most $20 Billion lost) on Disney+ alone. So, even if it is true, the odds of Season 4 being done, it's probably going to be a little while.

Last edited:
At this point, it's hard to know if it's actually going to be made even though it's been announced. I recently read that Disney has lost at least 11 Billion (that's right, with a B, and i've read it's been at most $20 Billion lost) on Disney+ alone. So, even if it is true, the odds of Season 4 being done, it's probably going to be a little while.
Hollywood accounting...if you lost that much, you cut bait or make massive changes. They have done neither. I dont doubt for a second it hasnt lived up to the boards expectations. Everyone looked at netflix and thought a streaming service was a license to print money, it is not. It went from 2 major services to what?10, 12? Customers were charged more, but choice on any platform when down. Pandemic created an artificial spike and kaboom.

Netflix wentfrom can we do this? To a customerbase that reached 200m or whatever over several years. They could grow in stages. Disney had to go from 0 to 200m capacity in one shot. That is outrageousely expensive and not recouped in a couple years.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back