"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

Yeah, we had tons of that last week. You can't have "The Best of Both Worlds" every week, you gotta have a "Data's Day" every now and then. I hope the show continues, but if not this was a good send off.

RIIIIGHT!!!

Last week had A New Hope and Return of the Jedi in one! Trench run, fighters, BIG SHIPS, infiltrate enemy base (to get the weapon vs shut down shields on Death Star). Kaylons watching humans *Initiate* a battle to save THEM! GRRL FITE between Mercer's exes.

*EXHALEEeeeeee*

As NatureBoy Rick Flare would say, "WHEW!!!"

They should not have had the scene of Isaac inviting the Kaylon. Their arrival should have been a surprise to the audience as well as the bridge crew. Only after they exit quantum would Isaac then state they are his wedding guests.

But then we would bitch and moan about how awful the Orville's sensors must be to miss the entire Kaylon fleet. :lol:

They could still detect them coming but pace the scene too fast for them to go through the bit about identifying them until they're already there.

Finally got a chance to watch this final episode of the season.
It was fantastic! The humour (that some had been missing) was in abundance as was the pathos and care that this show has really developed into.
Bortis’ Elvis was to die for, as was the exchanging of vows from both Claire & Isaac. I’m hoping that this won’t be the final season of a show/series, that’s in my honest opinion, one of the best I’ve ever experienced sci-fi or otherwise.

Finished this up last night and wow! Just an incredible run for the season. I'm sure there was a section on people complaining about the length, but not me. I'm a firm believer in the run time should be what it takes to tell the story. They told 10 amazing stories.

I really hope there's more after this. I get going out on top, but that was too good to not continue.

Finished this up last night and wow! Just an incredible run for the season. I'm sure there was a section on people complaining about the length, but not me. I'm a firm believer in the run time should be what it takes to tell the story. They told 10 amazing stories.

I really hope there's more after this. I get going out on top, but that was too good to not continue.
Do yourself a favor and go to Amazon and buy Sympathy for the Devil. It’s a novella of an unmade episode for the season, written by Seth. It’s a great story.

orville.jpeg

The musical score for New Horizons is available.
I love the updated intro/credits music.

Spotify Listing Link:
The Orville New Horizons Score

Last edited:
Just rewatching season 2 before getting into 3 - I can’t remember how that whole “Data” going “full borg” story went…. Just remember that it was really good…

On rewatch I’m still enjoying it!

I don’t feel like I heard anyone talking about season 3… was it not good? Cuz while it’s a little jokey, season 2 was way better than 1, and I liked season 1.

Did it ever shake the “Star Trek parody” title?… (other than the old title for this thread, heh)

Just rewatching season 2 before getting into 3 - I can’t remember how that whole “Data” going “full borg” story went…. Just remember that it was really good…

On rewatch I’m still enjoying it!

I don’t feel like I heard anyone talking about season 3… was it not good? Cuz while it’s a little jokey, season 2 was way better than 1, and I liked season 1.

Did it ever shake the “Star Trek parody” title?… (other than the old title for this thread, heh)
Season 3 was really strong. Some people moaned about the increased runtime on the episodes.
The move to Hulu also bumped up the budget which was reflected in the scope of the stories and the VFX.
The season was discussed here, but I think people generally just quietly enjoyed it. I've noticed the biggest threads here tend to be because of people's negative observations, that isn't a criticism, just an observation.

I hope you enjoy season 3, it looks like it could be the last and if it is, I would say it went out on a high.

Season 3 was really strong. Some people moaned about the increased runtime on the episodes.
The move to Hulu also bumped up the budget which was reflected in the scope of the stories and the VFX.
The season was discussed here, but I think people generally just quietly enjoyed it. I've noticed the biggest threads here tend to be because of people's negative observations, that isn't a criticism, just an observation.

I hope you enjoy season 3, it looks like it could be the last and if it is, I would say it went out on a high.
It’s a dead on observation… as it’s taken the fun out of film discussion here…

I guess I’ll take it as a good sign it’s not being discussed!

Almost at season 3 (watching a log of Trek movies I’ve never seen and TNG these days)

Apart from the last 191 posts of this very thread? ;)
Yeeeah i kinda meant the net as a whole. As an ongoing discussion… I felt like the show was everywhere season 1 and 2… then they dropped off and other than this site, season 3 just didn’t seem to exist.

Even the amount of vids hyping season 3 - I knew it was coming out like a new season of mando, but then I didn’t see any vids AFTER… no real discussions.

Couldn’t take part here cuz I hadn’t seen yet, but the lack of hype on my social I figured it musta died.

Kinda like right now I know without watching, that people are into last of us… succession… white lotus… And the references or review vids (good bad) constantly reminds me to check in or check back. Forgot season 3 was even a thing by the time it was airing. Didn’t show up in my feeds at all.

Season 1 and 2 I couldn’t escape it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back