"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

Finally in season 3… Watched maybe my fave ep of orville last night...

The one where Scott Grimes gets sent back to 2015... they try and retrieve him but land in 2025. He's been there 10 years has a wife and kids and refuses to leave. Mercer just ******* loses at him and they get in a yelling match, so they go back to 2015 and pick him up there instead, basically sending his kids into non existence.

Dark. Loved it.

The one where Scott Grimes gets sent back to 2015... they try and retrieve him but land in 2025. He's been there 10 years has a wife and kids and refuses to leave. Mercer just ******* loses at him and they get in a yelling match, so they go back to 2015 and pick him up there instead, basically sending his kids into non existence.

Dark. Loved it.
What I didn’t like how quickly he excepted what they told him when they got them back to the right time. He called himself selfish.

What I didn’t like how quickly he excepted what they told him when they got them back to the right time. He called himself selfish.
Didn’t bump for me… in the other timeline he hid for years. He’s a guy who followed rules and protocol as long as he could….

The guy they picked up had only been in 4 months. He still believed in putting the “sacred timeline” first.. probably couldn’t believe he’d go against protocol for selfish gains

Mercer was completely disgusted with 2025 selfishness of the times… I actually was like “screw Mercer” at first, but it really pushed how selfless the future society is when it comes to how they see humanity as a whole

Scott Grimes was a lot more like Mercer before he cracked from loneliness.

The complete coldness that the crew held towards his situation I kinda hope is further explored - brought more into question.

Last edited:

Dark. Loved it.
What really made that episode work for me was his wife was the same singer he got enraptured with in the earlier time capsule episode.
The last season had every episode calling back to events from the seasons before- nice to see

Technically, he was. He went after the woman he fell in love with via her cellphone when he had no right to do so. He knew where she was and basically inserted himself into her life and basically sidetracked it, knowing the whole truth the entire time. Who knows what kids she had on the original timeline after she put the cellphone in that time capsule that got erased due to his interference (It’s sad that his kids got erased, but he knew the risks of interfering with the timeline and chose to ignore them after a couple of months.

Last edited:

Dark. Loved it.

So at the beginning of the episode they go out of their way to point out that a paradox can cause a new separate timeline to form. That never comes up again, they are trying to prevent their timeline from being overwritten. So why bring it up? By rescuing him before he sent the distress call they created a paradox. The Gordon they rescued never told them where to find him. So I think Older Gordon and his family are safe in a split timeline.

If they do get another season I’d like them to go back to the 45 minute format. The 90 minute episodes got a bit tedious.
Agreed 100%.

When they first moved to Hulu, it was being said that narratively it would be great because they weren’t going to be constrained by 45 (or whatever the full time actually is) minute run times like on network TV and would be able to just tell stories, whether they were 35 minutes or 75 minutes.

Unfortunately, what that actually meant was EVERY episode would be 60+ minutes.

I’m sorry, if a TV show like this is having 90 minute episodes, I’d rather just be given that in two parts and have two 45 minute episodes. I felt a ton of the last season could’ve been cut 5-10 minutes shorter and we wouldn’t have missed anything.

Last edited:
If they do get another season I sure as heck hope it is not on Hulu again. I killed my subscription as soon as I watched the last episode and I have no plans of ever getting it again.

Last edited:
The biggest draw of the Orville was it was telling Trek stories when no one else really was. Now that Picard has shown that Trek can still do Trek, it seems the Orville has been forgotten about. Insert meme of guy looking at another girl here.

The biggest draw of the Orville was it was telling Trek stories when no one else really was. Now that Picard has shown that Trek can still do Trek, it seems the Orville has been forgotten about. Insert meme of guy looking at another girl here.
I wouldn't agree on Picard "doing Trek" it is just nostalgia mixed with fanfic and there are many plotholes.
There are still no series under the Star Trek banner in any league near what The Orville was doing.

I REALLY hope this is true!

IMG_1261.jpeg

As long as they show the episodes on Disney at the same time as Hulu, I want nothing to do with them Hulu. Had I known that Season 3 would eventually be shown on Disney I would never have subscribed to Hulu and I cancelled it as soon as the season was over.

As long as they show the episodes on Disney at the same time as Hulu, I want nothing to do with them Hulu. Had I known that Season 3 would eventually be shown on Disney I would never have subscribed to Hulu and I cancelled it as soon as the season was over.

The services are merged now, so shouldn't be a problem.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back