"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

Been binging the first two seasons in the last two weeks. First time seeing any of it. And WOW. :oops:
It really does feel like "Star Trek".

Nothing bearing the name "Trek" has since before '09 felt like "Star Trek". Can hardly wait for Season 3.
In the end, it's going to wind up being like a 3 year wait for some of us!

Disney owns 60% of it

True, but I was thinking let McFarlane continue running it, just put the Mouse behind it.

I'm hearing rumors, nothing confirmed, that Season 3 is likely to be the last season.

I don't have any great insight into the industry or real inside info. This is just based on bits and pieces of things from different public sources and some speculation. The closest thing I have to solid info is that someone I know who worked on Orville is now working on a different show. That's not conclusive by itself either as people do switch jobs. (And no, I can't ask that person either).

Hopefully the rumors are wrong as I enjoy the show.

I'm hearing rumors, nothing confirmed, that Season 3 is likely to be the last season.

I don't have any great insight into the industry or real inside info. This is just based on bits and pieces of things from different public sources and some speculation. The closest thing I have to solid info is that someone I know who worked on Orville is now working on a different show. That's not conclusive by itself either as people do switch jobs. (And no, I can't ask that person either).

I've heard the same thing too.

I wonder if they’ll make any explanation as to the new ships interior. Maybe start the season in dry dock going through a refit.
Man, I can't even remember how Season 2 ended now. Was there a big battle at the end with the robot people? If so, yeah, going for an overhaul to repair battle damage would make sense.

Or I wonder if they'll "Klingon" it and just never reference the changes?

I dunno, it's pretty easy for me to imagine that's some kind of miniature particle accelerator, like in the future they've managed to harness the power of a molecule to drive a spaceship. Or something like Iron Man's arc reactor.
An engine with few, if any moving parts, controlled by a super computer the size of a fingernail. All the engineers would need is a computer monitor, and a desk they could put their feet on.
Like the Omega molecule in the Voyager season 4 episode "The Omega Directive".

If so, you'd have to wonder why even bother moving to Hulu for a S3? It took 3 years to do it. That's a lot of effort and behind the scenes stuff to go through for 10-16 more episodes of something that didn't end in a major cliffhanger. Same, really if it did have a major cliffhanger.

Seems like it'd have been easier to stay with the limitations of fox to finish out one more season.

If so, you'd have to wonder why even bother moving to Hulu for a S3? It took 3 years to do it. That's a lot of effort and behind the scenes stuff to go through for 10-16 more episodes of something that didn't end in a major cliffhanger. Same, really if it did have a major cliffhanger.

Seems like it'd have been easier to stay with the limitations of fox to finish out one more season.
I believe much of the delay was COVID-related. Jumping to Hulu may not have made much difference, if any.

SSB

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back