The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Just got some of my shots back from Dallas Fan Days!

Nice pics! Question - is that the final harness design or are you still working on it? The nylon part looks a little narrow. Maybe the leather just needs to be narrower since the nylon strap won't go wider than the tri-glide?

Nice pics! Question - is that the final harness design or are you still working on it? The nylon part looks a little narrow. Maybe the leather just needs to be narrower since the nylon strap won't go wider than the tri-glide?
That is not the final design although that aspect is not changed that much. I think what your seeing is where the bottom webbing layer narrows at the slide buckle and below. This section was sitting a few inches higher than it will on the new design.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is not the final design although that aspect is not changed that much. I think what your seeing is where the bottom webbing layer narrows at the slide buckle and below. This section was sitting a few inches higher than it will on the new design.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think it's the leather part on that one area that may be too wide. On the SU harness below, the leather is only marginally wider than the bottom nylon strap. You're probably limited by the width of the tri-glide.
Avengers%2BUltron%2BCaptain%2BAmerica%2Bcostume.jpg

Guys and gals, nice work on the suits shown on the thread here!

Here are some pics of my suit 99% finished. I did some major mods to the suit in question, starting head to toe-

Helmet- MaulFett sorted me out. (I even ordered the smaller one, it was too small, sent back and he promptly sent the larger size)
Harness/Belt- Kingsley (though I made my own pockets for the belt)
Metal Bits- Dstengler
Shield- CATToys

1. Cut sleeves off the jacket and made into vest. Attached the sleeves to an under armor shirt, way better movement
2. Added velcro to inside of jacket bottom so I could fold the length up inside and shorten the jacket after it was zipped. This combined with the cut off sleeves = no riding up while wearing
3. Sculpt/cast better shoulder armor for more definition(let's face it, I just wasn't gonna get Steve Rogers body in 2mos time. ;) ) Resin shoulder armor
4. Cut the liner out of the jacket and pants. That taffeta liner is what is making everyone so hot in their suits. Get rid of it! Lol. Way better after
5. Got Kingsley's belt, but I built my own pockets out of worbla and nylon overlayed.
6. Tapered the pants and jacket to fit more slim
7. Used existing gloves for base, but cut foam templates and glued over glove then coated with worbla for durability
8. Sculpt/cast my own arm/glove greeblies out of urethane. Cut off the existing ones that came with the suit and tried to make more accurate ones
9. Took existing boot covers/spats and overhauled these big time. Used puff paint on the red to make the seams more defined, worbla for detail and down the front. And my own greeblies for better shape, etc..
10. Re-painted all the appropriate areas- elbows, knees, pant stripes, etc.. a grey/navy blend with an acryllic blend
11. Made my own stripes for the pants pockets out of foam dipped in urethane
12. Added velcro to pants pocket flaps
13. Weathered the suit up real nice. Get that thing dirty boys! It looks way better in photos, it's always sketchy at first, but these things are supposed to have wear and dirt on them for the camera. I weathered mine and it still barely shows up on photos. Lol.

That's about it for now. I think I'm gonna put another thread up showing the build of some of the above pieces for anyone that needs ideas on how to upgrade. I took a ton of photos along the way. Happy with how it turned out overall, and while it's not 100% accurate(my gloves might need to be re-done, etc) I think it's at a good place.

For reference I'm 6'1", 180 lbs.

Holler with any questions!

Last edited:
Guys and gals, nice work on the suits shown on the thread here!

Here are some pics of my suit 99% finished. I did some major mods to the suit in question, starting head to toe-

Helmet- MaulFett sorted me out. (I even ordered the smaller one, it was too small, sent back and he promptly sent the larger size)
Harness/Belt- Kingsley (though I made my own pockets for the belt)
Metal Bits- Dstengler
Shield- CATToys

1. Cut sleeves off the jacket and made into vest. Attached the sleeves to an under armor shirt, way better movement
2. Added velcro to inside of jacket bottom so I could fold the length up inside and shorten the jacket after it was zipped. This combined with the cut off sleeves = no riding up while wearing
3. Sculpt/cast better shoulder armor for more definition(let's face it, I just wasn't gonna get Steve Rogers body in 2mos time. ;) ) Resin shoulder armor
4. Cut the liner out of the jacket and pants. That taffeta liner is what is making everyone so hot in their suits. Get rid of it! Lol. Way better after
5. Got Kingsley's belt, but I built my own pockets out of worbla and nylon overlayed.
6. Tapered the pants and jacket to fit more slim
7. Used existing gloves for base, but cut foam templates and glued over glove then coated with worbla for durability
8. Sculpt/cast my own arm/glove greeblies out of urethane. Cut off the existing ones that came with the suit and tried to make more accurate ones
9. Took existing boot covers/spats and overhauled these big time. Used puff paint on the red to make the seams more defined, worbla for detail and down the front. And my own greeblies for better shape, etc..
10. Re-painted all the appropriate areas- elbows, knees, pant stripes, etc.. a grey/navy blend with an acryllic blend
11. Made my own stripes for the pants pockets out of foam dipped in urethane
12. Added velcro to pants pocket flaps
13. Weathered the suit up real nice. Get that thing dirty boys! It looks way better in photos, it's always sketchy at first, but these things are supposed to have wear and dirt on them for the camera. I weathered mine and it still barely shows up on photos. Lol.

That's about it for now. I think I'm gonna put another thread up showing the build of some of the above pieces for anyone that needs ideas on how to upgrade. I took a ton of photos along the way. Happy with how it turned out overall, and while it's not 100% accurate(my gloves might need to be re-done, etc) I think it's at a good place.

For reference I'm 6'1", 180 lbs.

Holler with any questions!

[url]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/sithlord23/Mobile%20Uploads/614B79AD-3777-45C2-B9BD-3BB2467FF28B.png[/URL]
[url]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/sithlord23/Mobile%20Uploads/114CD13C-1923-4AE2-B821-FC2524C0562D.png[/URL]
[url]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/sithlord23/Mobile%20Uploads/704C3A15-A25E-4ABF-8CC3-26368517A8C1.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/sithlord23/Mobile%20Uploads/89267376-A1D1-4365-97EF-8AB85106B264.png.jpeg[/URL]
[url]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/sithlord23/Mobile%20Uploads/D26B5523-8D72-4F66-BDAC-728A2999426B.png[/URL]
[url]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/sithlord23/Mobile%20Uploads/71396765-3BE5-488A-B50E-E3B2D3BE2F05.jpg[/URL]

How are your shoulder pieces attached?

I need to upload some more to show off the pieces from Kevin and Starlord, but you can see the harness at least. Here was me, the wife and kids for Halloween:

cnChbao.jpg

I painted all the leather pieces, and my tailor also added gussets from the same exact dark blue stretch fabric elsewhere on the suit that worked out great to resolve the movement and range of motion issue!

Does anyone know of any current coupon codes for CosplaySky? Looking to order a Capt Amer suit and was hoping for the savings I was seeing in early October.......It was nearly $140 less than what they want to charge now..... Any codes greatly appreciated!

What is the best way to clean the suit? I just got mine. Dry clean?
Another issue, red bleeding into the white on the stomach. Solutions?

I turned mine inside out, and used the theater trick of one part vodka to four parts water, and sprayed the crap out of the lining. Seemed to take away the sweat from three days at NYCC pretty well. As for stains & bleeding on the white, I tried acetone, and it took a lot of it away. Also, I'd had She-Hulk lean on me at SDCC this year and leave a green makeup streak, so I busted out the bleach pen, and it worked nicely. Other suggestions would be good though....

Hey everyone, been reading through this thread because I was interested in getting one of these suits and modding it to actually look like an MCU version of the Bucky Cap suit. Would anyone that has a one be able to tell me how well the fabric works with dyes? I was planning on dying the pants, sleeves (minus the shoulders), and part of the sides black. This pic is kinda what I'm going for...

CO6NPZVUcAA_N8c.jpg

thanks in advanced for any input

(Edit: changed pic to a better concept of what I'm going to do)

Last edited:
Does any one has any solution on the belt? I need to attach it to the jacket so when I move about, the belt move with the top.
At the moment the top sometime ruck up and partially hangs over the belt :(

Does any one has any solution on the belt? I need to attach it to the jacket so when I move about, the belt move with the top.
At the moment the top sometime ruck up and partially hangs over the belt :(

I used heavy duty velcro and attached the belt to the bottom of the jacket (which I hemmed to be a little shorter so it didn't need to be tucked in). That way, if the jacket moves, the belt goes along for the ride.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back