The Office "Princess Unicorn" Doll

hoverboy

I don't know if anyone here watches The Office, but on the most recent episode, there was a Barbie like doll called Princess Unicorn. On NBC they created a fake website for it, and you can see more pictures of it in the Photos section.

http://www.princessunicorndoll.com/index.shtml

It seems like it would be pretty simple to replicate. I really want to make one for my friend, and it doesn't really have to be too accurate, just recognizable. I could find a Barbie doll that looks close enough, and just put a pink princess dress on it, and make a few changes. Then I could either find a unicorn toy for the horn or make my own, but the hardest part I think would be to make the box. If anyone has the graphics, or has any tips on how I could make any of this, I would be very greatful. Thanks.

Here's some pics from that website.

PU-09.jpg

PU-10.jpg

It looks like the small text on the bottom is the warnings found on the website:
Caution:
* Wash hands thoroughly after handling Princess Unicorn.
* Do not play with Princess Unicorn if you are allergic to lead based paint.
* The spike on Princess Unicorn is incredibly sharp, so Princess Unicorn can pierce the sky. It can also pierce your skin. Handle with care.

Last edited:
Caution:
* Wash hands thoroughly after handling Princess Unicorn.
* Do not play with Princess Unicorn if you are allergic to lead based paint.
* The spike on Princess Unicorn is incredibly sharp, so Princess Unicorn can pierce the sky. It can also pierce your skin. Handle with care.

lol

I so knew this thread would be here! I just watched this, this would be a funny gift for that big office fan.

I'll keep an eye out for the right kind of doll/box for this at the toystore.

I agree with the right doll it's just a matter of the art and finding an extremely sharp horn to PIERCE THE SKY!

It looks like most of the graphics for the box are on the splash page for the website The wand was cut and pasted into the "FREE PRINCESS UNICORN MAGIC WAND" exclamation splash balloon - and it looks like they simply used the wand she's holding. I think you can get the graphics together from the page - just re-arrange a little and presto.

I tried to post that link on facebook, and they wouldn't let me! They stated some users had reported that link as abusive! What??!!

man, I was hoping to try to get something together for an office Christmas party, I couldn't find the right doll. It has to be something readily availble since Dwight had like 30 of them :D

We only saw two heroes up close.

I saw a few more, 30 was a bit of hyperbole. I'm shopping tomorrow with the fam so I'm gonna keep looking for some doll that might have that magic wand. We have a Mattel outlet so I'll check out the barbies.

Last edited:
Anyone know what font was used? The website uses Giddyup, but that's not what was on the packaging.

I just spent an hour on identifont. I think my eyes uncrossed! Go figure kicked by mule they cross, look at tiny fonts for an hour they uncross. :lol

I found a couple that were similar but not close at all.

I also went to the local Mattel outlet and had no luck with the wand or doll.

I just spent a few minutes on MyFonts and found it . . . it's in the new font area and it's called "Ornella D" LINK. I couldn't find it free anywhere though . . . but I did find the font! :)

I just spent a few minutes on MyFonts and found it . . . it's in the new font area and it's called "Ornella D" LINK. I couldn't find it free anywhere though . . . but I did find the font! :)

sweet! it's a start, maybe some more graphic design-ey type people around here might have it for some reason.

I didn't see anything at Walmart that looked right, I think at this point we may have to just pick something and go with it.

I think I found the wand. amazon link

PU-10.jpg

The font listed above is not the right one. I found the right fonts and colors.

I have attached a chart with the colors and fonts. I am trying to get a hd versions of the ep so I can make some screen shots.

Let me know what you think..

The font listed above is not the right one. I found the right fonts and colors.

I have attached a chart with the colors and fonts. I am trying to get a hd versions of the ep so I can make some screen shots.

Let me know what you think..

I still stand by those fonts. Keep in mind, the website uses one set of fonts, while the packaging uses another set. The Monotype Corsiva for the web "My Horn Can Pierce The Sky" is right on except for the "k" – that lowercase "k" should be Lucida Handwriting. You also need to use a rounded join on your stroke.

And those wands are perfect! :thumbsup

Here's what I have:

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back