The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Torsten Hallman GP Chest Protector

Yeah that's the ESB Wampa Cave Stunt saber, I will not be adding the blade.
Good, blades without good info are a pain. There's even rumor this was one of the blades that was just "clipped" into the bunny ears somehow. Gives me migraines lol

The Ninja - if you leave those parts out for a bit they just spontaneously turn into this:

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.12.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.12.35 PM.png

Vintage APH Flight Helmet / ESB Red V Helmet Project

My next ESB project with Dustin newmagrathea will be a vintage APH Flight Helmet / ESB Hero Red V Helmet project.

I won this APH Flight Helmet some months back for a reasonable price, the condition of the helmet caught my eye & I thought it would be perfect for a vintage/hybrid Red V Helmet.

The plan is to keep as much of the vintage APH Flight Helmet hardware including the original Dual Visors & Rams Horn and to use sections/parts from a DH-PFX Helmet Kit like the Mohawk etc + plenty of Dustin magic we will go from a vintage APH Flight Helmet to a very cool vintage/hybrid ESB Hero Red V Helmet :D

722.jpg

722.jpg 723.jpg 724.jpg 725.jpg 726.jpg 727.jpg

728.jpg

728.jpg

729.jpg

729.jpg

that helmet is what they got the idea from?

They took the mold from a APH-6B Flight Helmet, this helmet is slightly different it does not have the side oxygen mask attachments, but I think it will be easier to use as the base for my vintage / hybrid helmet as we will not need to fill the cutouts.

APH-6B Helmet:

APH-6B Red.jpg

APH-6B Red.jpg

this helmet is slightly different it does not have the side oxygen mask attachments,
Hey The Ninja ! Sure it does, they're just a different kind.

I just picked up an APH-6C, same as the "B" but with a different number of styrene pieces forming the liner. My plan is right in line with yours! The dual visor adds realism and is wicked cool looking! Add a mohawk and some paint and call it a day.

At least that was the plan. The interior of the helmet is gross with rotten foam debris and maybe a bit of mold. I know it isn't great for it, but I gloved up and sprayed it down with Lysol Disinfectant and wiped it off quickly to remove some of the accumulated dirt and grime. I have it sitting in an open plastic bag and won't touch it further for at least a month, Covid-19 and all ya know.

I have been thinking about the history of the helmet and have started to want to restore it. I bought a Black Series Luke X-Wing helmet from GameStop yesterday, but when I went to pick it up it had clearly been mishandled and I returned it immediately. Long story very short... it's a fiasco and I'll never do business with GameStop ever again. The idea was going to be that I'd have a "Real History Before and Movie Story After" set of helmets that I could display together.

Now I'm thinking mold and make my own, but I know that will be a never ending project. I guess I'll wait and see if Hasbro makes a second run of Luke Helmets and snatch one up then.

Anywho, Good Luck on your build! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Hey The Ninja ! Sure it does, they're just a different kind.

I just picked up an APH-6C, same as the "B" but with a different number of styrene pieces forming the liner. My plan is right in line with yours! The dual visor adds realism and is wicked cool looking! Add a mohawk and some paint and call it a day.

At least that was the plan. The interior of the helmet is gross with rotten foam debris and maybe a bit of mold. I know it isn't great for it, but I gloved up and sprayed it down with Lysol Disinfectant and wiped it off quickly to remove some of the accumulated dirt and grime. I have it sitting in an open plastic bag and won't touch it further for at least a month, Covid-19 and all ya know.

I have been thinking about the history of the helmet and have started to want to restore it. I bought a Black Series Luke X-Wing helmet from GameStop yesterday, but when I went to pick it up it had clearly been mishandled and I returned it immediately. Long story very short... it's a fiasco and I'll never do business with GameStop ever again. The idea was going to be that I'd have a "Real History Before and Movie Story After" set of helmets that I could display together.

Now I'm thinking mold and make my own, but I know that will be a never ending project. I guess I'll wait and see if Hasbro makes a second run of Luke Helmets and snatch one up then.

Anywho, Good Luck on your build! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Yes of course I should have been clearer, I meant the Fight Helmet I picked up does not have the same side oxygen mask attachments as the APH-6B used for the original molds but I think it will be easier to use as the base for my vintage / hybrid helmet as we will not need to fill the bracket cutouts and add new edge trim.

If you do the restoration of your helmet and need any help with vintage Flight Helmet parts , PM me as I found a site that has a good selection of original parts, I will also look forward to following your build.

ESB Wampa Cave Stunt ALL Vintage Parts Update

Vintage Saberfreak T-Tracks
Vintage OTIS Card

I am another step closer, Troy Seneca sent me these photos, he has finished milling my vintage Saberfreak T-Tracks doing the glue channel & notch & drilling holes + milling my vintage OTIS Card, lucky Troy knows what he is doing as my guide for the OTIS Card would have seen the silver traces too short, the difference between a builder & hunter lol!!

The parts looks sweet I am super happy, also in the photo is a vintage Droid Restraining Bolt & Rey Star Destroyer Capacitor Troy built from the found parts, two small but very cool props, thanks buddy :D

730.jpg

730.jpg 731.jpg 732.jpg 733.jpg 734.jpg

I love that real parts restraining bolt! I think I need to hunt one of those myself. :D (y)

Thanks buddy yeah they are a cool little vintage part prop, I picked up a small lot of junkers way back that Troy used for our builds, keep looking for junker listings they pop-up every now & then (y)

Custom LEGO ESB Millennium Falcon with full Interior

I have been planning this custom LEGO Millennium Falcon with full Interior build for sometime now, I started pulling apart my LEGO UCS Falcons #10179 & #75192 to re-brick the parts, what a process lol!!

Update:

I have finally decided to build the ESB version of the Millennium Falcon basically because the ANH 3x Landing Gear version is to unstable to safely display the model a problem the film makers had with the original design and ESB is arguably the best Star Wars movie and fits well with my collection & displays.

I am drawing inspiration from the Deagostini Millennium Falcon 1:1 replica of the original ESB Falcon movie prop & the 2x LEGO UCS Millennium Falcons along with other custom LEGO Millennium Falcon builds including a LDD design I purchased from richboyjhae and my own design ideas, the first section started on the long process is the Mandibles & Mount.

I hope LEGO lovers will enjoy following the build over the next few months as much as I will enjoy building :D

735.jpg

735.jpg 736.jpg 737.jpg 738.jpg 739.jpg

Last edited:
1977 Star Wars and The Story of Star Wars RN-561 Box Set of (2) 4-Track 7½ IPS Reel-To-Reel Tapes - Sealed (1 of only 500 copies)

I picked up something which I think is very cool and will make a great addition to my OT (Factory Sealed) LP & Cassette collection, I scored 1 of only 500 still Factory Sealed copies of 1977 Star Wars and The Story of Star Wars RN-561 Box Set of (2) 4-Track 7½ IPS Reel-To-Reel Tapes, the set was a LIMITED EDITION of only 500 copies, 20th Century Records sent these to radio stations across the US in 1977 to promote the Star Wars movie.

The set features the music of John Williams and The Story of Star Wars with the original actor’s voices along with a 16 page Photo Booklet and Fold-out information opening sheet relegating a dissertation by John Williams on his approach to the music of the film and how he came about it, a story synopsis, a scene-by-scene breakdown of the tracks on the reels synopsis, characters, actors, and music per track.

Track-list for both reels:

A1 – Main Title
A2 – Imperial Attack
A3 – Princess Leia’s Theme
A4 – The Desert and The Robot Auction
B1 – Ben’s Death and TIE Fighter Attack
B2 – The Little People Work
B3 – Rescue of the Princess
B4 – Inner City
B5 – Cantina Band
C1 – The Land of the Sand People
C2 – Mouse Robot and Blasting Off
C3 – The Return Home
C4 – The Walls Converge
C5 – The Princess Appears
D1 – The Last Battle
D2 – The Throne Room and End Title

Following a suggestion from Dustin newmagrathea we are going to inquire about a custom acrylic display case to protect the Factory Seal & set.

740.jpg

740.jpg 741.jpg 742.jpg 743.jpg

Photos found on Goggle to show the content.
744.jpg 745.jpg 746.jpg 747.jpg 748.jpg 749.jpg 750.jpg 751.jpg 752.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back