The New Mutants

Anyone seen or heard anything about this film lately ?
Wasn’t it supposed be released mid-late February of this year ?
What’s happened to it ? :oops:

Ged

Appreciate the update on the release date Cephus , that’s confirmed ?
What makes you think it’ll ‘suck’ though ? Cause they’ve kept pushing it back , or because hardly any news concerning the films been forthcoming since that trailer last year ?
Either way, being a huge fan of the comics since it’s inception , I’m hoping it won’t.

Ged

Appreciate the update on the release date Cephus , that’s confirmed ?
What makes you think it’ll ‘suck’ though ? Cause they’ve kept pushing it back , or because hardly any news concerning the films been forthcoming since that trailer last year ?
Either way, being a huge fan of the comics since it’s inception , I’m hoping it won’t.

Ged

Because it's been undergoing massive reshoots, just like Dark Phoenix. Because it keeps getting pushed back, just like Dark Phoenix. Because the whole concept has been terrible since it was announced. It's the last Fox X-Men project, they have no confidence in it, they're just dumping it to be done with it. It's going to suck. It might top Dark Phoenix for the worst of the bunch.

I dont have high hopes either...

Of all the story lines... its a bit bold (IMHO) to start with this story line and 'theme'.. for a NEW group of super heros.. (many might not know anything about)

Of all the story lines... its a bit bold (IMHO) to start with this story line and 'theme'.. for a NEW group of super heros.. (many might not know anything about)

And never will since Fox can no longer make movies about the characters.

Honestly didn’t/don’t care who was making it, I was just initially surprised and thrilled it was getting made !
Now I’m Really hoping it’ll still see the light of day, and it won’t totally blow !:oops:

Last edited:

Many not knowing anything about them (New Mutants), could’ve worked in their favour - No preconceived expectations, with a ‘different’ take on the ‘superhero’ film genre to boot. Perhaps along the Unbreakable/Split/Glass type films maybe !?

hmm.. valid point.

While I dont think it would have done any justice for vets who enjoyed the comic books.... it could have worked for those that didnt.

Although I guess it begs the question of: "why use the New Mutants brand then if they didnt want to the name/following/canon stories?"

Last edited:
Oh , don’t get me wrong..., If it’s an actual ‘New Mutants’ - based film, then the powers that be certainly should feature characters (as honestly/accurately) as those portrayed in the comics .
I just meant that - whilst initially scratching my head at a ‘horror’ based theme for this film (trilogy ?), I wouldn’t mind this take on them to kick things off.
It would make an interesting change to the generic ‘super hero’ type films - if you exclude earlier ones like Spawn or Darkman etc...
Either way, I’m still very much looking forward to seeing this when it eventually comes out (withholding judgement til then), and here’s hoping it’ll be a very, pleasant surprise !

I got the impression they were trying to do an adaptation of the Demon Bear story (which would be a superb horror story to tell), but there are virtually no elements of the story I could identify in the trailer they released.

Personally, I feel that superheroes are better as a setting than an actual storyline (I'm not alone evidently, because the MCU movies that do this, like Captain America: Winter Soldier are consistently touted as people's favorites), so I would absolutely be down for a well-made horror movie with superheroes. Unfortunately, Fox doesn't seem to understand the characters well enough to earn that kind of trust.

Same here re; the Demon Bear storyline, but apparently it’s just inspired by it - post #41.
As for Fox or any other studio ‘getting’ the characters, I thought the director helming this was a huge fan of the comics - as in, wouldn’t screw around with them too much right !?

Thats kind of what I'm getting at: "Demon Bear story"

While a good story line... its really about the character development well after their introduction..

Starting there without any intro/groundwork being laid strikes me as odd.

Thats kind of what I'm getting at: "Demon Bear story"

While a good story line... its really about the character development well after their introduction..

Starting there without any intro/groundwork being laid strikes me as odd.
Yeah, you're not wrong.

You answer is here

Basically Disney are not happy with earnings of Fox's studio performance since the acquisition, and thinks the New Mutants film sucks.

Just watched the Collider vid...., the power’s that be at Disney SUCK ! re; their so-called ‘reasoning’ for not releasing this film.
Using ‘excuses’ , and not taking their current ‘financial’ situation - which they only have themselves to blame - on an acquisition they proceeded with having their greedy ‘eyes wide open’ in doing so....
Their damn Trojan horse is full of S**T !!!
Yet another example of ‘Powerful A-hole know it alls’ coming in, blaming others for their shortcomings, and protecting their own skins regardless of who they screw over ! Hating Disney right now. :mad::mad::mad:
Rant over.

More important, and better things to do.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back