The Muppet Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Apollo, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm surprised there is not a thread on this.

Saw it last night and enjoyed it.

My only problem was Gonzo's voice it bugged the .... out of me.

2. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

seeing it tonight with the kids.

3. JasonCash

JasonCash Well-Known Member

as I life long Muppets fan, I loved it

4. Apollo

Let me know what the kids think.

I think it will revitalise the franchise and bring another generation into the fold

5. Yodajammies

Yodajammies Sr Member

The guy voicing Gonzo IS the original Gonzo. He is as Gonzo-y as it gets.

6. Apollo

That's exactly was it was bugging the .... out of me! :lol

Got to put in some of the Muppet show dvds I have later

I remember his voice being different

7. JasonCash

well you have to think David Goelz is 30 some odd years older now....I'm still not used to not hearing Jim's voice when Kermit speaks

8. Troy Downen

Troy Downen Active Member

Just saw it with the kids. We're still singing Manamana. Last half of the movie was the best; took me back to The Muppet Show days. Ah.... Good stuff. But the theater was mostly empty - hope that's not a bad omen.

9. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

It's about time we got a new Muppet movie. I know the franchise came to a hauls after Jim Henson passed away, but I've missed these guys!

I remember watching the Muppet Show all the time as a kid.

10. jasonw2112

jasonw2112 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh! They are plaing interviews with the Muppets, and songs, for a couple days, on satellite. Channel 145! Brings back all kinds of memories!

11. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

Just got back. We took my 4-year-old nephew. We all loved it.

12. nickytea

nickytea Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I loved it, but man, I didn't know it was going to be so emotional going in.
    Should'a brought some kleenex.

13. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Saw it this afternoon and I enjoyed it. However, (saying this in my best Christopher Walken/Bruce Dickinson voice) it could've used a little more Swedish Chef.

14. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My 4 year old daughter liked it but 2 1/2 year old boy could have cared less. However my wife and I both liked it a lot.

15. JasonCash

This was my Toy Story 3...if I was in the theater by myself I would have been a sobbing pile of tears and tissues......

16. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

My daughters and I loved it. Right mix of update and nostalgia. The songs were catchy and when you heard familiar tunes, as someone said above, it was Toy Story 3 emotional...moves at a quick pace and even makes fun of itself several times! Cameos were good but not jaw dropping...but I didn't care...I was there to see Muppets!

17. Melanie

Melanie New Member

you know if this movie will be released in cinemas in France ?

Thibault likes this.
  18. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I also enjoyed the movie. The laughter from the audience really helped me enjoy this even more.
    I thought there were one too many sappy moments with Kermit being all depressing, and I would have liked to have seen more big cameos (I was really hoping for Steve Martin again) but this movie had a lot of heart and was a great homage to the original Muppet movie.
    Amy Adams, as always, is my dream girl.

19. Apollo

Oh yeah but when Frank OZ was still doing Cookie Monster a few years back he sounded exactly the same.

20. Apollo

I'm sure he will grow to like them!

21. CTF

CTF Sr Member

Never.

As payback for that French Star Wars clip, you folks will only be able to watch it on your iPods, sorry.

22. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

April 10, 2012

23. Melanie

Melanie New Member

I don't understand what you meant ...

Thibault likes this.
  24. Melanie

Melanie New Member

Thank you very much !

Thibault likes this.
  25. CTF

CTF Sr Member

You're welcome, mademoiselle.

26. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I just realized something, maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "The Muppets (2011)" from The Muppet Movie, which was the title of the original movie.

27. Paul Andrew

Paul Andrew Sr Member

28. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Just got back from it, man was that an awesome movie. I was killing myself at smells like teen spirit.

Only things that bugged me:
    I was hoping that when animal finally for to play the drums at the end, that he would do some wicked 2 minute solo. Sadly not the case. Also more bunsen honeydew.

29. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

Maybe it was because of some of his past performances, but I had myself convinced Cee-Lo was in this.
    Oh, and in the theater where we saw it, there was a collective "Aw" when the camera passed a photo on the wall of Kermit and Jim Henson.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  30. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I too was hoping Animal would go nuts on those drums at the end...

31. Apollo

:lol :lol :lol

32. Abelugo

Abelugo Sr Member

great movie, I love to see all the backgrounds and locations they use in LA.
    Yes the songs were great.

33. Steamboat Spidey

Steamboat Spidey Active Member

I just saw it yesterday, and words can not describe how amazing it was.

34. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

Animal DID go nuts..albeit a brief 10 second bit.

Took the kids today too. They both know the Muppet Show well so this was right up their alley. My 5 year old loved it and I could have easily cried in some parts ( I was about his age when I saw the Muppet Movie in theaters so seeing this with my boys meant a lot to me).

Mad props to the producers for a couple of instances of Jim Henson's picture being seen. His spirit lives on!

My only gripe (not really a spoiler) is the repeated shots of the huge Cars2 posters on the street. Yes Disney..we know you own the Muppets now and can use them to advertise your wares. Sheesh!

Anyone else notice the fireworks that looked EXACTLY like a certain Disney mouse?! Come on Disney...step back and let the Muppets shine without your labels!

35. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I was hoping more for an Animal Buddy Rich style drum solo. Would of been icing AND the cherry on the cake.

36. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Loved it!

37. Capn_Jack_Savvy

Capn_Jack_Savvy Sr Member

Just saw it at Downtown Disney AMC and loved it. 5 year old was a bit bored at the beginning but he now loves Animal.

M only complaint that there was no Bean Bunny and very little screen time for Rizzo the Rat. Heck Pepe got more screen time than Rizzo!!!

38. p51

p51 Sr Member

Animal's drum solo was something I kept hoping for but never got, darn it.
    I'm a former solider and pretty hard-hearted due to the things I've seen and done in my past. But I'm not ashamed at all to find myself crying through parts of it. My wife was right there and I'm sure she noticed but to her credit she didn't say a thing. Those of you who described some parts of it as "Toy Story 3 sad" were dead on. I loved the movie, even though it was bittersweet in several places.
    Most of the people in the theater I was at apparently didn't catch that. I couldn't help but notice.
    God, how I wish that man was still with us...

39. nickytea

Agreed. This is the RPF, let's get accurate, people!

40. Contec

Contec Master Member

THIS : Star Wars Made in France - YouTube

41. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

Just Saw it at the EL Capitan Theater in Los Angeles. Loved it. I couldnt stop laughing. If any-one is located in the los angeles area, I recommend seeing it at the El Capitan. Before each show is a sing along with Kermit and Miss Piggy...Great to see those puppets on stage....and downstairs are movie props from the film...

42. wannab

wannab Sr Member

Just got back, great fun! I took the whole family -- still singing manamana!
    The audience was awesome too, everyone sang along with the rainbow connection song!

Doug

43. nickytea

Wow, that sounds incredible. Wish my audience had done that!

44. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Disney can't do that. It's against their policies i think lol. I'm glad they finally did something right with the property after so long. I doubt Henson would be thrilled his family sold the muppets to Disney though. His family dropped the ball with Labyrinth too when they gave out the rights for a japanese comic sequel.

45. Abelugo

Abelugo Sr Member

Any pics of the props at the EL Capitan?

By the way kudos to Brett Mckenzie, some of those songs are true Concord songs, I'm a Muppet of a Man" and "Me Party" are great.

46. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Mahna mahna.

47. wannab

wannab Sr Member

Yeah it was awesome. It started quietly in a few places in the theater then the whole crowd joined in. I think the kids were a little confused since, I'm guessing, most of them hadn't seen the original like the adults. It gave me goose bumps.

Doug

48. alexten

alexten New Member

I saw it last night an enjoyed it. its a great movie.

49. TheStig

TheStig Active Member

I think he was actually trying to work out some deal with Disney before he died, it fell through afterwards.

50. jcoffman99

jcoffman99 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Finally got to see this yesterday. Kind of funny that the first time the Mrs and I got out of the house since the baby came, we went to a kids movie.

Overall I liked it very much. I could have done without the Chris Cooper rap. That was just terrible. The rest was pretty good. I still get all goofy when I hear the Rainbow Connection. I still can't see why they don't start the Muppet Show up again. It would be fantastic.