The Muppet Movie

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm surprised there is not a thread on this.

Saw it last night and enjoyed it.

My only problem was Gonzo's voice it bugged the .... out of me.

That's exactly was it was bugging the .... out of me! :lol

Got to put in some of the Muppet show dvds I have later

I remember his voice being different

The guy voicing Gonzo IS the original Gonzo. He is as Gonzo-y as it gets.

well you have to think David Goelz is 30 some odd years older now....I'm still not used to not hearing Jim's voice when Kermit speaks

Just saw it with the kids. We're still singing Manamana. Last half of the movie was the best; took me back to The Muppet Show days. Ah.... Good stuff. But the theater was mostly empty - hope that's not a bad omen.

It's about time we got a new Muppet movie. I know the franchise came to a hauls after Jim Henson passed away, but I've missed these guys!

I remember watching the Muppet Show all the time as a kid.

Oh! They are plaing interviews with the Muppets, and songs, for a couple days, on satellite. Channel 145! Brings back all kinds of memories!

Saw it this afternoon and I enjoyed it. However, (saying this in my best Christopher Walken/Bruce Dickinson voice) it could've used a little more Swedish Chef.

That's exactly was it was bugging the .... out of me! :lol

Got to put in some of the Muppet show dvds I have later

I remember his voice being different

My 4 year old daughter liked it but 2 1/2 year old boy could have cared less. However my wife and I both liked it a lot.

My daughters and I loved it. Right mix of update and nostalgia. The songs were catchy and when you heard familiar tunes, as someone said above, it was Toy Story 3 emotional...moves at a quick pace and even makes fun of itself several times! Cameos were good but not jaw dropping...but I didn't care...I was there to see Muppets!

I also enjoyed the movie. The laughter from the audience really helped me enjoy this even more.
I thought there were one too many sappy moments with Kermit being all depressing, and I would have liked to have seen more big cameos (I was really hoping for Steve Martin again) but this movie had a lot of heart and was a great homage to the original Muppet movie.
Amy Adams, as always, is my dream girl.

Oh yeah but when Frank OZ was still doing Cookie Monster a few years back he sounded exactly the same.

well you have to think David Goelz is 30 some odd years older now....I'm still not used to not hearing Jim's voice when Kermit speaks

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back