The Most Wasted and pointless characters in TV

KrangPrime

Master Member
Just rewatched Knight Rider from Start To finish for the first time in a long while. forgot how useless and wasted RC3 was. his total screen time amounted to saying ' I can do this devin' and devin telling him to get back in the semi..

The Pulverizer on the new Nick TMNT series. The most worthless and annoying character ever created for television. even more so than Snarf. snarf at least came in handy at times.

What are your choices?

I wouldn't say totally wasted, but I always thought they should have done more with Guinan on STTNG. She was obviously important and had an interesting past, but you only get bits and pieces of it. We know Picard trusts her opinion implicitly because in the episode with Ro Laren, she vouches for Ro and Picard accepts that opinion immediately. They say he saved her or something, but there had to be more to it.

Aunt Harriet on the original Batman series.
The ONLY reason they had her character on the show (as ridiculous as this sounds!) was to act as a buffer between Bruce and Dick (as the producers felt the audience might think they had a...less than wholesome relationship unless they had a matronly mother figure living in the house with them :facepalm)
By the last season the actress had so many issues remembering her lines they just phased her out completely with no explanation as to her disappearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Then there was Boxy on the original Battlestar Galactica.
Why god, WHY?!

- - - Updated - - -

Jimmy Olsen in...well, anything!

I can do this all day long, kids.

Not Worf.

Worf's whiny kid, however ...

hey, if you saw your mother murdered in front of you, how happy would you be? Klingon or not :)..

but yeah. I tend to think that whole section of plot line was a wasted opportunity. the actress playing his wife (I want to say susie plankton, but i know i'm wrong) was awesome, and would have made a fun character to have around. seeing worf as a full time parent could have provided a few fun opportunities.

But I guess two extra full time cast members was one too many.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back