The Most Accurate 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver???

Just think of two things: Christina Hendricks and one of those prop grade sonics. You'll be fine. Hospitalized, but fine. ;)

Had I not charged those Nike Mags (which I DO NOT regret) I would have seriously considered snatching this.
The price is insane, but it IS hand crafted by the actual prop artist. That alone comes with high value and appeal.
If I were an irresposible man (which sometimes I am) I could apply for another card - and get it - with a high enough limit to snag one, but that would mean I would have to pay that thing off, and I never know what curve balls life will throw at me a year or two from now.

I think it is true that the Robotto sonic WILL increase in value if not at least retain its original retail value, but I'm hoping this is a prelude to Qmx actually coming through with an accurate copy for FAR less....and also hoping CT comes through with another brilliant design.

Has anyone considered the Wand Company's sonic? (I dont know coz i havnt read the whole thread)

It is an EXTREMELY good replica on its own. But it also actually WORKS! Its the only available metal replica you can currently buy that i am aware of and its an AMAZINGLY good quality replica! Its MUCH better than the toy version and is no where near as expensive as the nick roboto version, not that you can buy that anyway. I for one, am DEFINATELY getting it and its going right in the middle of my DW shelf.

I strongly recommend it to anyone. If you make a crazy amazing display like this one, id say its the best replica that you would ever be able to get (coz it works.....to an extent)
sonic_screwdriver_universal_remote1.jpg

you still can't go wrong with a CO toy and a Wand Co sonic remote, a bit of hard work and you have a very good close replica , that you can take to cons use for Cosiplay etc etc

I think the main reason is the subtle differences in build between Nick's hand built and the Wand Co manufacture , essentially on the copper cage and the head and arms , Nick's is built out of four recessed plate's mounted on two machined copper rings , The WandCo's is die cast solid then copper-plated. Similarly the head and arms of Nick's are CNC'd machined out of a solid bar of aluminium , the WandCo is two diecast pieces, ( half head & two arms) bolted together so when each is assembled , there are slight varying detailed differences between them. In doing a conversion, one is trying to get the one (WandCo) looking like the other (Nick's) ., and in general you can get 95% accurate . It will take construction of another half dozen separate molds , hot metal casting of all the parts, and copper electroplating the rest to get to 99% and that's the best you can expect from the WandCo sonic that's not anybodies fault , it's just the way it was manufactured. This is going to be my next attempt , I've built the basic , I've built the enhanced and upgraded the stand, so all that's left is to try and remake the copper cage and the head and arms just like Nick's which should get me to 99%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back