The Martian (Post-release)

Re: The Martian

I don't blame Prometheus' problems on Ridley Scott, he didn't write it, it was Linedeloff. If you look at his track record, he has written some of the most controversial, amongst geeks like us, films in the past few years. The Treks, mixed feelings amongst fandom with a lot of dislike, Prometheus, same as Trek, and most recently is Tomorrowland, once again lots of mixed reviews and feelings. As far as I'm concerned, if it's not written by Linedloff then it has a chance of being pretty decent, SRS is a good director and Drew Goddard is a pretty good writer so those two together should make for a pretty decent movie.

Prometheus suits and Martian suits were designed by the same designer. And made by the same studio... As much as I would like to say more I don't think I should ;)

CG7D34PVIAAx-b1.jpg:large

I had zero idea about this movie until the trailer was released. What a nice surprise it was!
Very cool looking movie

Loving the suit design. Great book, great cast! Damon just might be able to redeem himself with this flick. I'm seeing some pretty realistic looking tech in the trailer and I like it!

Looks great.

That's quite a storm on Mars depicted though, I don't think they can get quite that dramatic looking like on Earth.

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but after watching this I think I'll pass.
The 'acting" was terrible. Looks like a SyFy channel original.
First rule of acting: If we can see you 'acting', you're doing it wrong.
How did this happen? Such a great cast, and they're all awful.

I'd watch the trailer, it looked pretty cool to me.

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but after watching this I think I'll pass.
The 'acting" was terrible. Looks like a SyFy channel original.
First rule of acting: If we can see you 'acting', you're doing it wrong.
How did this happen? Such a great cast, and they're all awful.

Perhaps they were going for a quick extra little light comedy bit and guessing the film has more serious portrayals?
Might have caught the actors off guard a bit. Anyways, looks like a DVD extra so not concerned about that for now.

I loved the book, So I just don't think there is anything that will keep me from watching the movie at this point. While the video wasn't great it wasn't terrible either. I also don't get why people hate Matt Damon so much.

I think it looks GREAT so far.

Also, Ridley Scott = one guaranteed theater viewing, so this is a must-see for me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back