The Mandalorian - The Client's War Medal

kingolaf99

Anyone else interested in The Client's war medal from "The Mandalorian"?

hlu9y85pxq541.jpg

the-mandalorian-warner-herzog.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think this is a super neat prop for an old Imperial hanger-on to have.
It's like the Imperial equivalent to the ANH Yavin medals.

I can imagine ze Client bringing this out to show the grandkids over dinner, telling old war stories, and then the grandkids thinking, "wait.... you were on the Imperial side???"

8ubGFLt.gif

LOL

Anyone making these yet?

I agree, it would be a really cool piece to have. I actually think the ribbon it's on is the coolest part.

Also, top notch Mitchell and Webb reference.
Hahaha thank you, That Look was a great show. The ribbon is pretty awesome too, but I'm mainly interested in the medallion itself.

Should be easy enough to make a wax copy from a 3d printed master, then get it cast in brass or bronze.
Electroplate with gold for good measure?

You wouldn’t need to cast that for a one off, you could etch it from a brass plate and it would look correct as it’s more polished brass on the relief parts and the sort of texture you get from etching brass in the recesses. Would take a lot of etch time though as the Depth of etch is quite deep. Use a vinyl cutter to make the etch resist.

Ive created a 3D model for anyone who wants to have ago, this is the first iteration. Still waiting for a verification email from thingiverse so i can upload and give you a download link. But here's some pics:

Attachments

• The Client Medalion Tech 2.jpg
    The Client Medalion Tech 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 357
  • The Client Medalion Tech.jpg
    The Client Medalion Tech.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 333
Ive created a 3D model for anyone who wants to have ago, this is the first iteration. Still waiting for a verification email from thingiverse so i can upload and give you a download link. But here's some pics:

Is that a stl file !?

I really want to make this, I'm in the process of trying to find the correct ribbon at the moment!

Yeah, the ribbon really makes it for me. I've seen a couple of replicas but with the wrong ribbon it just looks off.

I'd love a CNC'd brass one with correct ribbon...

Very interested in one of these. The GameStop set only seems to be available in the US, and another replica I've seen is a bit expensive.

Very interested in one of these. The GameStop set only seems to be available in the US, and another replica I've seen is a bit expensive.
Unfortunately I just can't find that ribbon anywhere ! The actual medal is the easy part ! I've looked at getting the ribbon specially produced but to much and it won't be right first time !

I could be wrong, but the ribbon on The Client’s medal looks like nylon webbing to me. I’ve never seen a ribbon with those kinds of ridges, but it’s very similar to the kind of nylon webbing used for bag straps. They could have had it custom woven or embroidered, but the gold stitching looks mass-manufactured, so I’m guessing it’s an off the shelf supply. Has anyone checked with a shop that makes custom and/or military awards to see if they have anything similar?

Attachments

• 1CF1E737-2773-4E64-B2C3-026D087066C4.jpeg
    1CF1E737-2773-4E64-B2C3-026D087066C4.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 233
I could be wrong, but the ribbon on The Client’s medal looks like nylon webbing to me. I’ve never seen a ribbon with those kinds of ridges, but it’s very similar to the kind of nylon webbing used for bag straps. They could have had it custom woven or embroidered, but the gold stitching looks mass-manufactured, so I’m guessing it’s an off the shelf supply. Has anyone checked with a shop that makes custom and/or military awards to see if they have anything similar?

Yeah that was what I surmised, the nylon strapping is easy, I checked loads of military medal company's and also some people on Alibaba said they could manufacture the gold chevron pattern for me. But its all been put on the back burner at the moment!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back